DVD compliant movie to CD-r/w...need help?

Thanks for reading….

Okay I need your help. This might sound like an odd request and I’m not even sure if it’s possible but here goes!!

I use a slideshow program to produce slideshows (der!!).
The output can be an .exe or you can burn direct to CD-r/w as either a Vcd or SVcd. Also you can produce either a Vcd or SVcd compliant movie file, which can be burnt to CD-r/w later using something like Nero and selecting the appropriate setting (either Vcd or SVcd), for use in a stand alone DVD player.

The slideshow program can also produce DVD compliant movie files but I have no way of burning that file to CD-r/w in DVD format, the same way I would for making a Vcd or SVcd. I know that Nero has both Vcd and SVcd plugin’s for making these type of discs but here is my questions.

Is there a way of taking a DVD compliant movie file and burning it to CD-r/w as a DVD format.
Also will this work on a stand alone DVD player.

I make lots of slideshows, mainly in SVcd format and they work just fine on most stand alone DVD players but I’m not sure if a stand alone player will cope with the DVD format on a CD-r/w.

I plan on upgrading to a DVD burner in the near future but as the slideshows I make are never that long (10 mins max), I would like to get DVD quality on a CD-r/w, as I know it would fit a blank just fine.

I hope I have been clear on this and not confused everyone and I hope the guru’s on here can help out. Hopefully there is a bit of s/ware that can do what I want, if it will work that is??

Thanks in advance..

....DreeM :)