Dvd 1:1 Copies Of Ps2 Games

E

elpresidente

IS it possible to copy Ps2 gamez on dvds ? and do they work without a mod chip ? :confused:
greetz

ps2 on dvd disc

This is a question i myself asked and the ans i got was no you still need a mod chip and game shark v2 to play backed up dvd games as yet i have not tried one so this information is only second hand if you do try then let me know as i would like to know as well maybe someone else out there who visits the forum can ans the question better than me but this is what i have been led to beleive

E

elpresidente

i expected that it would be like that ... thanks for your help ...
i will try it next week with a dvd-rw(no time now :) ) ... nothing lost if it doesn´t work ...
greetz

I have already tried with a dvd rewritable althought all the info was on the disc when inserted into ps2 all you get is disc read error a ps2 wont recognise a rewritable disc i havent tried a dvdr disc thought this may be worth trying although if it doesnt work then it is a waste of a disc

DVD-copy

Hi there,
Right, your PS2 have to be modded..
There are several available:
- Neo2.2+AR or GS
- Neo4
- Messiah

The last two are no-swap mods..
the Neo4 is a pain to install, but Messiah can be a pain if installed in PS2 version 3

I prefer the Messiah.. works perfectly without swap and loads all games (even EA, and GT3)

As far as i know, just use Nero or VOB to copy it... i had no problems so far

thanx

All of your suggestions were a big help
but do you need to use AR or GS with messiah
thanx

Last edited:
E

elpresidente

how much is it and were could I get it ? --> a friend needs that stuff ;)

thx for info rinkel

üsse

Hi !
The best Adress for the Messiah chip is h**p://www.gametop.de.
They sale the Chip and the extra Service ist to build them in your PS2.It is not cheap but it works 100% !!!
I can play my DVD-R without any Problems.I make a image of the original and then put it back to DVD-R.I copy many of the game and there never be a copy protection !:)

Most people from the hack-forum got their chip from:
lik-sang
but you have to build it in yourself or find an installer

O yeh, the PS2 does not read RW, maybe version 5, but i own version 4

Last edited: