dual layer burners?

Hey Hi everybody, just a quick qestion, does anybody know when the new dual layer dvd burners are coming on the market and what they'll be worth?.

Dual layer burners should be coming out anywhere from may to july. Sony and Lite-On should have theirs out about then. And this statement from Philips Semiconductors: (Philips will be offering a downloadable firmware upgrade to allow system makers to upgrade existing DVD+RW drives to support dual-layer recording. It has not, however, been announced which models can be upgraded by a simple firmware flash.)

Blane said:
Dual layer burners should be coming out anywhere from may to july. Sony and Lite-On should have theirs out about then. And this statement from Philips Semiconductors: (Philips will be offering a downloadable firmware upgrade to allow system makers to upgrade existing DVD+RW drives to support dual-layer recording. It has not, however, been announced which models can be upgraded by a simple firmware flash.)
That one I have to see, because I don't see any money in that. Remember they said the same thing about the A06 and that has since changed. :( I wouldn't get my hopes up.:(
As far as a dual layer burns go I would wait for them to get some of the bugs out before I run out and buy one. Also lets not forget how much the blanks will be. :eek: But thats just option.

:D
Blane said:
Well alrighty then, thanks Blane, l won't rush out and buy one right away,all the hoo ha should be over buy say august 04 shouldn't it so l might get one then. Cheers :D