DTS and/or Dolby Digital music CD's

I have a CD at home burnt onto a standard CD-R that has music encoded in DTS 5.1. I can play the CD in my Conia DVD player, and the amplifier switches to DTS mode. The sound is in 6 channel surround. If I try to play the CD in a normal player, it's just white noise.

Can the same thing be done for a Dolby Digital soundtrack, or am I completely missing something? I'm very interested to know how the DTS track is actually encoded onto the CD. Also, I have several Dolby Digital, THX and DTS trailers (downloaded from www.cinenow.com) and I wanted to burn them onto a standard CD-R conserving the best sound quality possible, bearing in mind that a MiniDVD will not work on a standalone DVD player, which is what I want to play them on. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Also, is there anyone out there that knows if it is possible to burn .ac3 files on a CD-R so that they can be played on a DVD player in surround? Similar in concept to the DTS cd I discussed above.

yaa i also have some THX and DTS trailers and i want to know if it possible to play it in my DVD player in DTS or 5.1ch.

thanks......

It should be possible but the components has to be connected with a digital cable.

When I watch a movie from my laptop on the tv and connect the audio to a digital receiver I also have dolby digital 5.1 (it has a digital out)

To make it short,for 5.1(or even newones like 6.1 or 7.1-which is actually almost the same like 5.1 except couse 2 new ""middlle surround""channels have been added)you have to have digital output of course and every good dvd player will playit.......With dvd-a player you can have much more controll(like on screnn controll(choice)between stereo and 5.1(dts or dd)....Also dolby digital is more used then dts(which is actually dying)cose is need much more bandwith.....For example dts can be found only on dvd cose it needs loots of space:mad:

How to burn them onto CD?

Can one burn an .ac3 file onto a normal CD?? My DVD player has an optical out, and I run an Onkyo 595 with optical in and Dolby Pro Logic II. I'm interested in the required CD structure, and how to set out the CD and so on. If anyone knows of a tutorial, I'd be very interested!

Cheezer

I have created a couple of DTS Audio CD's from AC3 encoded DVD's. Instead of DTS, you can also choose for AC3 output.
- I use VobEdit to demux the audiostream to AC3 (filename.AC3)
- Then I use BeSure in combination with Besweet. In BeSure you can select DTS
Audio output or AC3 audio output.

Take a look here: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/BeSure.html

Last edited: