Drive not working in XP??

This does not happen all the time, but it annoying when it happens. It occurs when I turn on my computer after a shutdown or restart. My Plextor 24/10/40A's light will be flashing green on and off, and the computer will not load Windows XP (the logo part doesn't even show up). I then open the drive (with or without disc) and then Windows proceeds to load. However, after it has loaded, the Plextor begins to blink as it did before and its functionality is gone. Right now, I'm looking at an open Plextor that cannot be closed. Does anyone have any ideas???

(I just did a complete format and re-install of Windows XP using Dataeraser. So I don't think it is a software problem. But then again it could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.)

Mike

i had the same prob

Hi, I had the same problem has you, and when i change the power connecter the problem went away. don't know if this will work for you but give it a go.
Regards Dr Dog :)

Kryptic7 said:
This does not happen all the time, but it annoying when it happens. It occurs when I turn on my computer after a shutdown or restart. My Plextor 24/10/40A's light will be flashing green on and off, and the computer will not load Windows XP (the logo part doesn't even show up). I then open the drive (with or without disc) and then Windows proceeds to load. However, after it has loaded, the Plextor begins to blink as it did before and its functionality is gone. Right now, I'm looking at an open Plextor that cannot be closed. Does anyone have any ideas???

(I just did a complete format and re-install of Windows XP using Dataeraser. So I don't think it is a software problem. But then again it could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.)

Mike
Wow that sounds like the same problem the 24x liteon used to give. Infact a friend of mine sill has one of the liteon drives and when he get that problem I unhook the power and iDE for a few days. That used to work for a few months before he had a problem but his keeps comeing back every few weeks so I told him its time to buy a burner. But whos know may in your case it might fix it and be good for a while. Good luck.