Does Media Matter With Particular Burner????

Pingue19

I recently purcahse a external usb 8x dvd +- burner (pacific digital; the extreme 8 model). I use Nero 6 with DvdShrink and DVDFab Platinum to make backups of my dvds... HP stopped making the 4x media that i usually purchase so i opted to upgrade to the 8x... but after about 10 tries, i cant burn a single movie... rather i should say, I am able to burn it, but not even the burner itself can read it... does anyone out there have this same burner?? if so, what media should I purchase for it, because I dont believe its the burner its self, I just believe its the media... thanks

you are right, it seems to be a media problem;
i don't know your burner fabricator, but it's always worth to check their homepage for a firmware update (media compatibility is stored in the firmware) also look for media recommendations there; :)

Greetings from
Duracell

Hello Pingue19,

Pacific Digital doesn’t manufacture DVD burners. They rebadge other manufactures products. It has been reported in the past that Pacific Digital rebadge BenQ, Lite-On, NEC and/or Aopen products.

You need to look on the burner itself for the manufactures tag or if you are lucky it might be displayed in Device Manager under DVD/CD-Rom Drives.

When you are able to identify exactly which manufacture made your Pacific Digital burner suggest visiting the CDFreaks Recording Hardware Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61) and look there for information on the best media to use with your DVD burner. Also at CDFreaks Recording Hardware Forum you will be able to find information on the best firmware for your DVD burner.

Rest Regards,
Coaster