DO NOT get the Enlight DVD+-/RW Drive!!!

For all that may be looking for a good DVD burner, I am just wanting to give everyone heads up on the Enlight DVD Burner. I would not recommend purchasing this drive, as it seems to burn only Data. When i try to burn a video, it tells me burn was successful, but when i put it in any of my DVD drives, including the one in my computer, it tells me " Unsupported Format". I was using memorex and Verbatim 4X media and i get the same result. After 2 Drives , I'm getting a refund as I'm assuming it's a problem with that particular manufacturer. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the Enlight brand.

Thanks 4 the headsup :)

It could have been a faulty drive, but i think it might have been dodgy media (memorex have a bad habit of makin low quality cdr's & dvdr's :(

Next drive U get, if it can write 2 dvd-rw then use a dvdrw so u can just erase it & try again till U get it :)

BaNzI:D

banzibaby said:
Thanks 4 the headsup :)

It could have been a faulty drive, but i think it might have been dodgy media (memorex have a bad habit of makin low quality cdr's & dvdr's :(

Next drive U get, if it can write 2 dvd-rw then use a dvdrw so u can just erase it & try again till U get it :)

BaNzI:D

yea, I do need to get some DVDRW media as that would be cheaper while im having issues. I've made plenty of coasters over the last few weeks. After 2 Enlight Drives, and both with the same symptoms, i just gave up on it. I currently have a Norcent DVD+R/RW Drive which is a badged liteon. It's nice but not as good as my old 4X NEC Drive.
And thanks for the heads up on the Memorex 4x media issue, as I was unaware this media is problematic. I sure wish i didn't get rid of my NEC drive as that worked sweet with memorex and verbatim media. With my Norcent Burner, I did notice Bad Boys II Froze up on me once so i had to restart the movie, but then again i got greedy and copied this one on the fly. I'll toss the disk i have and burn another and see if i get better results by copying to the HD first. Thx.

Last edited: