Do any DVD authoring programs work with VOB files???

I was wondering if any software is available which will allow you to selectively re-compile a DVD from the original VOB files, removing trailers but leaving you with the option to retain the original menus.

If it is possible to retain the VOB files and just create your own DVDs by highlighting the area around where the button used to be in the original VOB files then this would make life much easier than trying to use programs like InfoEdit.;) ;)

E

elpresidente

I don´t know if there is such software ...
besides I´m glad that there is Ifo Edit ... with Ifo Edit u r able to do all that stuff which is needed to copy DVDs ....

Keeping menus ... hmm .. I think there is a guide on w*w.doom9.org ... but I don´t like this guide ;) It´s much easier to strip menu ... nobody needs the menu if nothing except the main movie is on the disc !!

greetz

Thanks for responding. I'll ask a couple of specific questions about ifoedit as soon as my registration has been accepted (3 day limit now).

I've looked at the faq's & guides and I'm still unable to retain most of the DVD other than the language selection and trailers but I do think it might be possible with ifoedit, it's just knowing how to do what I want:rolleyes:

E

elpresidente

hmm... I don´t exactly understand what u r trying to do ;) sorry ..

try to write it in a different way ...maybe then I can help u ..

greetz

Using Scary Movie as an example :-

On playing the DVD you get
1. an initial menu to select the language that you wish the DVD to be played in.
2. a few trailers of upcoming films.
3. The films menu in English with the options to play the movie, chapter selection and a few out takes from the film.

What I am hoping to do is copy the DVD skipping the trailers and the language selector so that the film in English along with the additional features are retained and the second menu actually becomes the starting menu.

I guess that I either need to change the start point of the film to the second menu or rip all the files that I need and use an authoring program to rebuild the movie.

If I use ifoedit I'm not sure how to change the startpoint so the film starts from the second menu

I have downloaded DVD Maestro but I'm lacking the helpfile and I don't know how to use my Hollywood+ card to show a preview and keep getting an error when I try (I've a seperate post regarding this)

Thanks for taking the time to help, I was originally asking if any authoring software would work with vob files because the stripping looked pretty heavy going. Eventhough, I think I have that part of the process sussed if I end up re-authoring films.

I was intending to post ifoedit questions on the ifoedit forum as that seemed like a more appropriate place to ask specific questions about ifoedit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that there is enough space on the blank dvd for all of the extra features. However if you can live with only the movie than the info in the tutorials will be all you need.

As Scary Movie is only a single layered disc I have already ripper it to my hard disc and after deleting the vob's relating to the trailers it looks as though it will just fit.
(I might need to remove non english audio & subtitles but that isn't a problem.)

E

elpresidente

hmm... try to strip things u don´t need and then keep the original menu --> Ifo Edit get vts ..... and burn the disc ..but try it first on RW !! ;)

The menu should work ..as long as u select something which isn´t on the disc ... ;) give it a try .. maybe it works better ...

or create your own menu ... somebody wrote about it .. I don´t think that it would be very hard to do ...

greetz

I have tried deleting the VOB with the trailers and using get vts for the remaining vobs. Unfortunatly it no longer plays within Ifoedit's DVD player :(

Looks like I'll have to take a different approach. Thanx for the help.

Can anyone recommend some software which will enable me to extract a m2v file from the menu's vob file (vts_01_0) so that I can rip the annimated menus.

I can extract the audio and a d2v file with dvd2avi but I want to avoid having to re-enode a m2v file with TMPGEnc and was wondering if there is a way to rip the m2v directly from the menu's VOB file?

I have been using Smart Ripper to rip the actual movie as a m2v file so that I can re-build a DVD with Maestro but I would also like to keep the original menus.

try the dvd copying guide by covert1

hi
please try the following guide by covert1, i think this authoring program accepts vob files

h**p://w*w.geocities.com/covert1.geo/dvd-r/dvd_r.htm

regards,
raj

E

elpresidente

hmm.. just looked at this guide ... hmm... a bit old ...cause he uses IfoEdit 0.4 !?
and some images didn´t load ....

the real good guides r on w*w.doom9.org ...

greetz

Thanks raj. I.m sorry you got a slap on the wrist.

I managed to look at the guide before it reached the daily viewing limit and DVD Quick Builder looks like an interesting program, if it works with VOB files it will be useful for nocking up quick DVDs without having to faff around converting to m2v, ect, ect.

Hmmm where can I find the demo from now that its been decommissioned. Might mean another post if I can't find it.

Thanks again.
:D

site for dvd quickbuilder softw....

hi taz69
please visit the link below for your requested software.
h**p://w*w.dvdsoft.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5&orderby=titleA

hope this helps

regards
raj

Thanks M8 fround DVDsoft yesterday and I've already downloaded DVD Wise & Scenarist. ;) :D

Jobs a good un'...