DivX - DVDR Frame Error

stuartkagy

I bought a DivX movie and downloaded it online.
I am using all the programs in the tutorial to burn it to DVD, with appropriate settings.
I get an Error message from DVD2SVCD prior to encoding that says it is unsupported frame size. (Instead of the first frame size number being 720 the movie's is 764.
Any suggestions? I tried ticking the edit before encoding button but it goes back to the default.

stuartkagy

PSIt says the frame size of 764/56 is not supported.

PS:
It says the frame size of 764/56 is not supported.
And DivX Repair and DivFix do nothing for it.

stuartkagy

Hi Chickenman

I should point out that the movie plays perfectly in DivX. But I have not been able to burn it to DVD.
Stu

GSPOT Says the following;

This file is truncated in the "legacy index" area; 6 bytes are missing. This may or may not be serious enough to cause the file to be unplayable.

The following codecs all claim to be capable of processing this format:

{DivX Decoder Filter}
{ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder}
{XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder}
{DivX Decoder Filter}

DirectShow is apparently able to play the file as well (see "DirectShow Render", below),

Audio Format:
Code: 0x0055
Name: WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGLAYER3 (MP3)
Vendor: ISO/MPEG

The following codecs all claim to be capable of processing this format:

--> {Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (advanced)}
--> {MPEG Layer-3 Decoder}
{Nero Digital API Audio Decoder}

DirectShow was also able to find a codec to render it - the sound for this media clip should work fine.

See the DirectShow Render details for more info.

DirectShow claims to be able to play the file. The following combination of filters were used:

{D:\Program Files\DivX\Movies\DVDA 2.divx} (Source)
{DivX Demux} (Splitter)

{DivX Decoder Filter} (Video Decoder)
{Video Renderer} (Video Renderer)

{MPEG Layer-3 Decoder} (Audio Decoder)
{Default DirectSound Device} (Audio Renderer)

stuartkagy

Gspot

Hmmmm looking through GSPOT's video section....:

Runtime: 01:49:06 (196,171 fr)

xy: 512x384 (1.33:1) [=4:3]

Bitrate: 946 kb/s

FPS: 29.970

Qf: 0.161 bits/pixel

Does that help?

On a different subject the following DVD2SVCD batch code you recommended does not work. I tried dropping the quotation marks, but that also does not work. Do you see anything wrong with it? The spaces maybe? (see below)

@ECHO OFF
@REM DVD2SVCD Batch Control
D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.exe" -d2s:"D:\Movie1\dvd2svcd project file.d2s" -run -exit
D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.exe" -d2s:"D:\Movie2\dvd2svcd project file.d2s" -run -exit
D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.exe" -d2s:"D:\Movie3\dvd2svcd project file.d2s" -run -exit
D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.exe" -d2s:"D:\Movie4\dvd2svcd project file.d2s" -run -exit
D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.exe" -d2s:"D:\Movie5\dvd2svcd project file.d2s" -run -exit

Okay, thanks for that. It looks like a normal NTSC XVID avi to me, there should be absolutely no reason your getting "It says the frame size of 764/56 is not supported." error unless your trying to edit the AVISYNTH script. If your, please poist here EXACTLY what your pre and post edited script read. If not editing your scripts, then I suggest your CCE is not installed correctly or you have a badly patched version.

The batch mode script DOES work. It simply may not work for you because you cant follow the instructions but it does for 1000's of others people. All you have to do is a cut and paste of the script from the Tutorial quotes and all (you havent done that :( ) and edit the "D:\Movie1\" part to wherever you made your working folder for the 1st movie, then do the same for second line to your working folder for 2nd movie, etc etc. You will also need to edit the "D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\" part to wherever you installed DVD2SVCD. By default it installs on C: drive, not D:

stuartkagy

- Hmmmmm I have not done anything to the script. I left it at the default.
- The CCE always worked fine before. But this is a new install of it on Drive D, which is 120 Gigs in size and necessary for these big video files. So I could try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Though it has worked fine with other files.
- It never occured to me to simply copy and paste the batch file code DUH! I copy and pasted it with my drive/folder settings... still does not work. Will try reinstalling CCE.
I bow before the font of all video Chicken wisdom! You are my favorite half bird/half human!
;)

Last edited:
stuartkagy said:
I copy and pasted it with my drive/folder settings... still does not work.
What exactly does not work. When you run your BAT file what happens after that ? nothing, or it starts and hangs at some point, or what ?

Also what version of CCE are you using and what CPU are you running.

stuartkagy

- When I run the batch file, for a split second a blank box appears, which I assume is the CCE window. And then it just as quickly disappears.
- CCE 2.5
- My CPU is an AMD Athlon running Windows 2000 Professional.
What else can I run to combine the movies? The total of the of the movie files is about 14.5Gig, and DVD shrink will apparently only work with one movie at a time. Should I shrink each movie file individually and then try to combine them later? Or combine them first.

The black box appearing is a DOS box, the BAT file itself. CCE is not evn thinking about loading in yet. Are you 100% positive that your BAT file actually ends in .BAT

stuartkagy

Clicking Properties for that file says the following:

MS-DOS Batch File

dvd2svcd batch

D:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD

468 bytes (468 bytes)

4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)

And the code contents are the copy and pasted code.

Okay then all I can suggest as to why the Batch file is not running correctly then is it simply cannot find "D2SRoBa.exe" or the "dvd2svcd project file.d2s" file, it shuts down. You need to DOUBLE check your are pointing to the exact folder "d2sroba.exe" is in and the same for "dvd2svcd project file.d2s" and that all Quotes are in place as per the original Tute.