discs for vcd's

schat

heyi've managed to convert an avi to vcd but when i try burning with nero it doesn't except my discs, i've used paq dvd+r, tdk dvd-r and sony dvd-r. any ideas what the problem is?

schat

vcd disks

thanx scarecrow, so i can only use disks for vcd that i would use to make a music cd? ( i am new at this :rolleyes: )

@schat that would be correct ;)

a standard 80 or 90 min blank cdr and not a blank 4.7gb DVD-R or DVD+R :)

:) no worries at being new we all have to start somewhere :)

thats what we are here for :)

lol WELL ya best get one for ALL THE FORUM lol we all enjoy a good beer here ....thats THE one thing 99.9% of us have in common besides a cdr or dvdr burner lol :)

schat

cd-r didn't work

well i finaly burned a vcd, but it wouldn't play, i use a ps2 to watch dvd's and it has played copy's b4 but didn't play this vcd and i can't get it to play on my comp either. i burned it at 4x now what do i do :confused:

PS2 will NOT play a vcd as its not standard compliant DVD video its VCD mpeg1 and not DVD or dvd using mpeg2 and it has to be on a dvdr disk not cdr :)

what player are you using to play back on the pc !?

try using power dvd or video lan

video lan is freeware so google for it or search the forum :)

there are also many other freeware vcd/svcd players out there :)

schat said:
.... but didn't play this vcd and i can't get it to play on my comp either....
Not all DVD Players will play VCD's but if its a new model, then it should do that. What software did you try playing it on the PC ?, if you use Windows Media Player, you need to select the AVSEQ01.dat file in the MPEGAV folder by changing the Files Type to All Files (*.*) If it cant play it, then you have a problem with the CDR's or your player.

schat

vcd played

thanx guys, i tried it on a standerd dvd player and it worked just like you said it would, i am using windows media player on the pc but now i know it works on tv thats better.it's great to know i can get help on this forum, keep up the good work :) now i'll have a go at making a dvd, here's keeping my fingers crossed. thanx again