Digital I/O problem

Hi folks,

I'm trying to connect a minidisc player with optical out to my Montego II Plus Digital I/O soundcard.

I have Soundforge and Wavelab and Total Recorder Pro installed, but nothing will recognise the signal from the minidisc player.

All the drivers are installed apart from the Montego II Soundblaster pro emulation which doesn't have a free IRQ.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
bode said:
I don't know how to ignore the SCMS (if at all possible)
you won't find this "feature" mentioned in manual or FAQ, only way is trusting experienced Montego owners;

I also noticed "SPDIF: Invalid Rate" in the Montego control panel.
so i would guess your minidisc player does not sent out a real SPDIF standard signal out of his Toslink out;
Is the SPDIF standard really guaranteed in the minidisc players manual? maybe it's only a minidisc typical interface; :confused:

surely you found this FAQs already:
How to record to your PC using S/PDIF
Recording from DAT or MiniDisc to hard disk (Windows 95/98)

I borrowed the minidisc player from a friend which he connects to his "hi-fi" with the optical lead. I assumed I would have no problem. Could anything as simple as dust prevent a signal?

I can check the Montego Forums for help with the driver.

The player is a Sony MZ 500 by the way, I've no idea how good it is!

Thanks Duracell ;)

bode said:
I borrowed the minidisc player from a friend which he connects to his "hi-fi" with the optical lead. I assumed I would have no problem.
try it again with his "hi-fi"; if you get sampling rate and bit depth displayed at his receiver, report this values here please;

Could anything as simple as dust prevent a signal?
for sure, could be the problem too; try to clean the plugs and sockets with compressed air;

to avoid the SCMS bother, you could do a analog recording session directly to yor minidisc and than try transferring via SPDIF to your sound card;