Desperate friend of a friend DVD shrink

Hi all
A freind of mine has send me this message below.

I am needing to pick your brains again, only this time it's not for me. A friend of mine is having problems with her shrink program.
Everytime she tries to burn a disc it rejects it half way through and she says that she has wasted about 20 discs as she has tried
a variety of different movies.

She has also said that it has time remaining and often it runs out of time before it completes the burn process. Wondering if something
has happened to the settings. She has had the program running well for a long time and suddenly it is doing this!

She has done a System Restore and that didn't work.

Would you have any idea what it could be. She is a desperate woman!!!!

I am trying to get more info as soon as I have it.
Any Ideas at this time might help me a little on the way.

All the faith in you

Thanks Poco81 ;)

DVD Shrink and a reliable burner (tongue in cheek: NEC) without much burning crap present on the system is a coasterless solution- guaranteed 100%.
Rejecting the burn half-way means that the system is running out of buffers, which may be hardware (crap burner, no-DMA present) or software (too many device drivers present.
First one is corrected by buying another burner or upgrading firmware, second one by reinstalling OS (easiest! :p ) or cleaning the messed registry.

FIND OUT what media she is using this could also be the problem :)

advise her perhaps burn slower than the rated speed on the media if she cannot get/change to better quality media :)

get her also to use DVD IDENTIFIER to scan a blank dvdr and tell what media she is using if she does not know already :)

post back any findings so we can help more :)

if she has net access get her to come ask here personally :)

Thanks for your help

I only just now got my reply E-mail regarding her problem and as it turns out she has managed to get it going again.
I have no idea as to what she did but I am happy she managed to help herself.

Thanks Poco81

Poco81 said:
I only just now got my reply E-mail regarding her problem and as it turns out she has managed to get it going again.
I have no idea as to what she did but I am happy she managed to help herself.

Thanks Poco81
thanks for the update poko :)

if she has net access tell her to come here and learn more :D