Dell Hell

This thread got me thinking I should warn people about the downward spiral Dell is in.

Some of the problems are listed below:
Dell customer service is horrible.Service agents are located in India.Some have a hard time with the English language.Get ready for translation problems,and getting bounced from one dept.,to another and back.

Ordering hardware at 'bargain' prices can be a pain.Your order can,and does get cancelled for errors in pricing by Dell,and backorders.

Dell computer systems have been delivered,and fail to boot(blue screen of death).Defective hard drives are common,etc.

Feel free to post your horror stories here. ;)

My first pc was a Dell.Looked and worked great at first then I tried some simple upgrades and then realised how much they custom make there machines.

If you think of a computer as an appliance, like a TV or washing machine, where you only replace parts when they're broken, then go ahead and get a Dell, or any other inflexible brand-name machine.

The other "cream box shifters" can be little better, with a fancy name on a box with last year's components