Decompression issues in EAC

Hello,

I've used EAC as my primary audio ripper for several years now, so I am quite familiar with the workings of the program.

However, I've recently begun a renewed "downloading spree" (I've discovered newsgroups!) and have been burning audio like crazy.

The mp3s I've downloaded are high quality mp3s, with bitrates of 500 kbps. However, whenever I try to decompress them using EAC, I get the following error:

"Can't Open Selected CODEC"

I have the newest Lame mp3 encoder installed on my computer so I don't know what the issue is. I even tried to decompress an .mp3 that I created using the very same codec installed on my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm receiving this message?

Most likely it's bad MP3 headers, or overloaded ID3 v.2 tags... that's almost sure because for the normal 44.1Khz sampling the maximum bitrate for MP3's should be far lower than the reported one (320K CBR). You have to recheck your files' integrity.

Ahhh, I finally found the issue.

I loaded a configuration profile from another website and the decompressing started working. Wondering what the difference in settings were between my "normal" configuration and the one I loaded from the website, I found that I had:

Use Lame command line encoder/decoder for decoding mp3s

unchecked.

Stupid mistake. Thanks for the help.

Mike A