datacenter server 2000

get datacenter server 2000! i think it is english version. link was sent to me by email tonite. is integrated with service pak 1. am downloading it now to see what it is. i think it is the same version i got from ftp site in june. downloading is zipping at about 100kb/sec. is fast link. get it before it goes away!

for those that may not know, datacenter is the top of line win2000 server package. it will handle up to 32 processors and 64 gigs of ram. think that the ram slots can even be partitioned into "domains" of sorts. it is only available through an OEM program by microsnot. base price is around $30,000 US, and $19.000 for every additional processor.

only thing is, no windows update is available for it. this is one of the reasons i like it so much. it does not run to mr. bill on you squealing like a little piggy all the way. bink xp page has patches to enable service pack and hotfix installations.

because is server, server-oriented utilities may have to be used with it like defraggers, antivirus, etc. if search forum, can find these utils. i use diskeeper server 7.0.413 and norton corporate antivirus 8.9374. i have been running this since june and the OS has not even blinked once on me. is so stable that it is boring!

serial# is: RM233-2PRQQ-FR4RH-JP89H-46QYB

link is: hxxp://zmt.cqcnc.com/sys/win2000d.iso

edit by spycat: just finished download. is english version. will probably have to reburn CD as the CD probably "lost its boot".
search forum for spycat's post on how to do this or go to bink xp page for instructions.

Last edited:
Windows 2000 "Difference" Server

I am a little confused about the "many difference Windows 2000 Server versions" which MS put out and wonder what are the real difference between one to the other?

***Windows 2000 Advanced Server
***Windows 2000 Data Center Server
***Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Hope that some one would have an "easy and simple" way to explain what and when one should use one version over the other? (and I am sure lots of knowledgeable people around this forum)
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thank you

Last edited:

N.B.

Staff member
Windows 2000 Data Center Server
is the most advanced one. I am not really sure about the features, but I think it supports more then 10 CPUs and such things. So for a normal user the Windows 2000 Professional is really the best. The server version just have stuff installed, you need for serving websites and media streams and doing Windows networks.
Yep .. so far :)

Love you man

Hi spycat

i had to take the time to write thanking you to post things like this on this forum.
Let me explain....
I am a Networking student and couldn't get my hands on win2000 server (was looking for advanced server casue of the clustering feature) the closest that i got was a dude that had a licensed copy wanted to sell me a copy for 1 $100 bucks of course i told him where to go.
Maybe datacenter is a bit too much :) but it will do, right....:)

yeah thanks for that, i am so desperate (on a 56k modem) that i am so glad it will take 28 hours to download.

I think somebody asked about the differences of win2000
here is what i know

Windows 2000 professional is a client version perfect for users who just need a lean fast OS ( i prefer it way more than xp and i used to an xp fan when it first came out now it is just botting me)

windows 2000 server 4 gb ram 4 processor and what it has extra is everything that it need to be a server to its client thus you have application such dcpromo: domain thingy, IIS: web server, etc.

windows 2000 advanced server 8 gb ram 8 processor same as above but it is more friendly with other servers allowing clustering: sharing processors loads across the other servers thus if you have more than a computer with this OS you can use all the compurters processors at once, like in my case if you are using Cinema CraftEncoder to encode SVCD's you are done faster.

windows datacenter 16 gb ram 16 processor and is for dedicate file server

PS i haven't even finished my first year of networking so the info here can be a little off but in essential this is what you are looking at.

THANKS SPYCAT :)

PS of PS
In case the site goes down for this ISO do you think i can contact you for an FTP site of yours to this file, spycat?
bash

Windows 2000 Datacenter Server is the most powerful and functional server operating system ever offered by Microsoft. It supports up to 32-way symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) and up to 32 gigabytes (GB) of physical memory. It provides both 4-node clustering and load balancing services as standard features. It also provides the rich Internet and network operating system (NOS) services of all the versions of Windows 2000 Server. It is optimized for large data warehouses, econometric analysis, large-scale simulations in science and engineering, online transaction processing (OLTP), and server consolidation.

More at /http://microsoft.com/windows2000/datacenter/evaluation/business/overview/default.asp

N.B.

Staff member
Thanks for the info ! :)
bash, seems like you have to edit your post a little bit ...

if anybody is interessted, I got the Advanced Server in german and the Datacenter Server in english.
Will trade :)

to bash

since you like datacenter so much, do not worry if spycat's link goes down. post here if problems, and will work something out so you can get datacenter.

i do not have ftp, iis, pm, messenger, netmeeting, as too many security problems.

as of now, datacenter link is still up. when you get datacenter, you will not sleep for 3 days! and neither will your friends!

if want datacenter from me is easy. go to hxxp://i am gay.get.

click on banner and say...............................................

just kidding. spycat has sick sense of what is fun. ha-ha!

check out spycat's post too for 3 in one cd scripting program. if have 3 different versions of win2000 and new service pack, this will make it for you! even though script is rigid, this script rocks!

but really, if have problems getting this, post here. spycat will make sure you get datacenter. this OS is wicked. but spycat only has english version.

and thanks for kind words. things as this makes spycat's day!

Last edited:
Woke this morning to find that the file was 21% done and that the server is unreachable :-(

:(
buahhhhhh.

help anyone

procesors

microsnot recommends a minimum of 8 processors. however, datacenter will install just like any other windows 2000.

you don't need datacenter unless you have 8 CPUs etc
it also supports more RAM but W2K server is adequate for 1 or 2 CPU machines :D