Cross fading - Wavelab

I 'm having problems trying to successfully cross fade. I normally open wave and split the file with generic markers.

How do I then cross fade these two tracks in Steinberg Wavelab?

bode :)

use the "audio montage" for crossfading titles, also for doing mixes; push the waves with the mouse;
the wavelab helpfile is quite helpful;

Greetings from
Duracell

Hi,

Thanks, that works. But I'm unable to copy the crossfade back into my original wave file to work on it further. What can I do?

thanks
bode :)

like i told above: the helpfile is quite helpful; ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mixing down - The Render function

The Render function in the Master Section allows you to "mix down" the whole Montage (or sections of it) to a single audio file. This lets you create a final mix, or "pre-mix" clips (adding the same effects to a number of clips, etc.). It's also useful if you want to burn a CD from a CPU-intensive Audio Montage, as it allows you to first render all processing and then burn the CD in a second pass (see About the two write methods).

1. If you want to render the whole Montage from start to end, proceed to step 4.

2. If you want to render some of the clips only, select these.

3. If instead you want to render a certain section of the Montage only (on several tracks), make a selection range.

Note that although the selection range is only "horizontal", audio on all tracks within the range will be included.

4. If necessary, mute or unmute tracks or clips.

Only unmuted audio will be included in the mixdown file!

5. Click the Render button in the Master Section window.

The Rendering preferences dialog appears.

6. Use the radio buttons in the Range section to specify what you want to include in the created file.

The Time selection and Selected clips options will only be available if you made a selection range or selected clips, respectively (in step 2 and 3 above).

7. Activate the options as desired:

Create CD image and cue-sheet (CUE + WAV)

This option (available when "Whole Montage" and "Create Specific file" are selected and CD track markers have been added) lets you export an Audio Montage as a CD image with an accompanying cue sheet (a textfile identifying the CD tracks in the image file). The cue sheet and the image file it describes can then be imported into any CD recording application that supports this function (including WaveLab), and written onto CD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from
Duracell