cpu temperature question

hi there..

i took out my AMD Athlon TB C 1,2 to clear it a little, when i build it in again, (on a ecs k7vza) i made a bios flash (3,4 to 3,7).

why i tell this is, that the cpu temperature is very low now... before doing this at the top, i had 50°C... now only 30°C.

how can this be?! i don't know what's different... is it the bios flash?
(before you ask... it's really only 30°C ... i felt the passive cooler and it's nearly cold!)

perhaps someone can make me more clever

thx hutzel

Just a thought. It could be the positioning of the CPU heatshink. If it was a little bit off before the temp' would be higher than it is now, as now it might be in just the right place.
Even though the heatshink clips onto the mobo, the actual metal work of the heatshink does move about abit, so on one installation it's spot on and if you take it off and replace it, it might be off a little bit.
Can make a difference.

....DreeM :)

bloody hell it weighs 5 pounds i have seen smaller babies:( i am not knocking your choice of hardware but i would be frightened of it falling off and killing any of my family downstairs:rolleyes:

Just what I thought when I picked it up....

"Je$u$ Chr!$t"

The entire bottom part is solid copper....that's why it's so damn heavy but works a treat :)

....DreeM :)

greenian said:
bloody hell it weighs 5 pounds i have seen smaller babies:( i am not knocking your choice of hardware but i would be frightened of it falling off and killing any of my family downstairs:rolleyes:

Two things flash by my mind.

1st: the flash may have corrected a false temperature reading problem on your mobo.

2nd: Did you use a better type/amount of thermal compound when re-attaching the heatsink?

Both are viable options.