Copying Playstaion cd to cd?

I Have a new liteon cd writer with cd clone and mod chip,but when i copy a game from cd the playstation tells me to insert play station cd-rom? What am i doing wrong???????:mad:

More info

Which game,Which clone cd version and are u saying your psx is modchipped, which region is the game?
;)

What settings r u using on clone.They should be Read sub channel data and audio tracks and dont repair sub channel data.Also the newest playstation games do an anti mod chip check so u need a stealth mod chip for these.

Anti mod chip games

You can also patch the game image.
But as bertieg says a stealth chip is simpler and you only need to fit it once. You'd have to patch every anti-modchip game.(bit of a pain)

note here:- that if you are copying with clone 1:1 it dosent matter if they have mod chip detection on the disk if you are using the above settings for reading and burning psx then you should never have problems of modchip detection as you have copied the disk 1:1 including any protection such as the LIBCRYPT protection that is commonly used in psx disks! i have written hundreds of disks and never had a problem with them bombing out halfway through or needing to patch them to rid the protection! olli has done a damn good job here with clone it does what it says 1:1 copies that includes protection ! psx protection is very lame (well for now it is!!! lol) the main worry is rejection of some types of media used to burn them on as some older psx's are picky with the disks they can /cannot read :( but thats nothing to do with the modchip its the lazer strength !!!

VIPER_1069 have to disagree with you on mod chip detection.Copied many games with clone and tested them on different playstations with mods and without.Findings are stealth chips were needed to play some games.

moreover RAW+96 burning is needed to bypass the protection.
isnt this the case that most if not all new burners can copy in RAW+96 is this not the case with liteons !?i thought that they could !? :confused: and the lybcrypt protection is in the SUBCHANNEL DATA hence the DO NOT REPAIR SUB CHANNEL DATA when burning !? or am i wrong here !? i have a lot of games that check for the modchips presence my modchip has been in my psx for quite a while (bout 4 or 5 yrs) long before stealth chips and even LYBCRYPT was invented yet i have had no problems and finished MEDIEVAL (one of the 1st lybcrypt games) no bother there and most NEW writers can read and write both subchannel data too !

this is from cd media :-

i edited the usual stuff re: boot region etc as this is why the mod chip is needed in the first place as there are no public avail writers that can read and write track one of a psx game this along with the country code is stamped or pressed onto the cd in manufacture the modchip replaces this track one and the country code !!

on with the information on cd media

PSX
Protection

Recently: LibCrypt

Backup Solution

1:1 CD-Copy
*****CloneCD is able to copy this CD protection *****as long as the CD-Reader/ Writer supports reading & writing RAW & Sub-Channel Data (LibCrypt protected games). A ModChip is still required!

note the text in ****'s here about clone can copy this protection reading subs

Protected
:
Country Protection: All PlayStation CD's

LibCrypte Protection:

LibCrypt Protection Info

The LibCrypt protection was first introduced in 1998 with the release of PoPoRogue (Japan) & MediEvil (Europe). The protection uses a Digital ID (16 bit key), which is stored in the SubChannel of a CD-ROM. Until now there have been 4 different protection schemes: LC1, LC2, LC3 & LC4

The protection itself consists of 2 pieces of code. The first one, can be anywhere in the game, checks for a ModChip and if it is played from a backup, the second decrypts necessary code to play the game. If the first check fails the Game crashes.

All i can think of is that if it does not work then there is some sort of flaw in the modchip they have that allows imports but disallows copies with lybcrypt !? or that there burner does not read and write raw subchannels data /audio where lybcrypt hides out !!!

but even then you do not need a stealth chip as there is a boot disk out for psx that you can download and boot this before the lybcrypt game and this does the same thing as the stealth chip i spose !?

No offence but i think you have got mixed up here pok me old mate !? thinking that lybcrypt is the protection that stops the copied game being played in a psx this is not true the lybcrypt is very much like pc protection like safedisk etc the mod chip is needed to replace the track one of a psx disk and also the country/region code it pumps this info into the psx over and over and over hundreds of times a second till he game loads and fools the psx that it has the info needed on the cd and boots the game as normal but if its an ntsc game on a pal tv or pal on an ntsc tv the picture will roll and be black and white but suing a good psx scart lead sorts the hz shift in the AV stage of the tv set to 50hz or 60hz whichever the case ! if not this can be fixed in the iso or image file with a pal > ntsc or ntsc > pal utility then burnt to disk there is no need even to scart the psx output !

Last edited: