copying dvd r copys

my friend has a quite afew ps2 dvd r copy's and he a just bought a dvd r writer he say's i can copy them but im not to sure how to copy and what programs to use i can do almost everything else but im not sure with this i have choice of systems. xp/works 200
i have looked around and heard mixed remarks about what to do im hopeing i can just do an image of the dvd r then write as i would cdr. ie burn image useing dvd r writer can some one please help.i have been to loads of sites i would like hands on instructions from anyone who is willing to help .thank you to who ever replys

easiest is just use nero and from the wizard select copy dvd (dont use dj4 as it seems a little buggy at generating images larger than 4gb)

I use RecordMax Now, follow the tutorial exactly and you wont have a problem. I;ve done aprox 150games since I got my burner and havn't has a failure. Make sure you use decent media. You don't need the best, but something reasonable. If you're doing games that read direct from the disc during game play eg. GTA III and Vice city, you need good quality media. I use shintaro 1x for normal games and Tayo Uden for GTA.