copying cd dreamcast (from backup)

I have some dreamcast backups in a strange format: On the first session there are one or two audio traks. On the second session there is a mode2 cd-xa trak. I tried to make a copy with clone cd but it doesn't work. Someone can tell me how to make a working copy? Thanks in advance. (sorry for my english but i'm italian)

roadworker is on the money go with the discjuggler clone somtimes gives me a hard time with dc so i have to use discjuggler and it has worked for me all the time:p

Actually *some* Dreamcast machines - cannot read CLONE CD backups (like mine). This is generally true with UK release DC machines, (may be the case with rest of europe - i dunno) and the late or last generation of JAP release DC machines. It has something to do with the lasers (the above have weak lasers for reading apparently).

If you know anyone with a old JAP DC machine (i mean the ones that were first produced when the DC was released) they seem to have really good lasers for reading and definately will read CLONE CD backups, you might find that the backup you made isnt actually a coaster, it just doesnt work on yours.

Discjuggler and Nero *should* make workable backups for you DC machine. Just dont read or write too fast. Alot of my games were copied using nero - until nero got really shite with their updates - i switched over to using discjuggler.

- - - - - -

DiscJuggler [CD Player to CD Recorder]

Advance Tab - Check both RAW read/write and Overburn CD (some require it)

DAE Read Speed - I wouldnt recommend reading faster than 16
Write Speed - I wouldnt recommend burning faster than 16 either

Upto you - you can either select "save the entire content of (source) disc in a temporary file and write at 16X" or "Writes directly to the recorder(s) at 16X" If you have both the cd recorder and cd reader on the SAME IDE channel then select "save entire content . . . . ".

Alternatively, you can do the same with CD copy from same CD Recorder.

- - - - - - -

i sometimes use a new version of clone cd with dreamcast games but i usually use disk juggler , it has never let me down so far