Coolplayer 2.07 released

From the release notes;
Version 207
+ Added "TrackStack" - right click in the track's "Stack" column for advanced play options
+ Fixed Mixer selection code (for volume control) should now affect the MASTER volume for the output device
+ Skin state no longer resets when you close the options dialog
+ Hitting the PLAY button during pause will now unpause
+ Added support for multimedia keyboards (also made the "PAUSE" button work on normal 102key keyboards)
+ Added support for "live" EQ changes - but only on the Cooler Wave mapper output device
+ Increased buffer size for the Cooler Wave mapper (will reduce skipping on slower systems)
+ Fixed (and improved) the rotating systray icon
+ Middle clicking on the systray icon now toggles pause state (if playing)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/coolplayer/

Coolplayer 2.08 released

From the release notes;
Version 208
+ Fixed PLAY/PAUSE hotkey not working on some MM keyboards
+ Added option where volume control can either influence the system MASTER volume, system WAVE volume or none of the system controls
+ Fixed "Play from here" not working if a song was already playing
+ Added "live" EQ for DirectSound output device
+ Reduced noise on live EQ change
+ Increased DirectSound buffer (to reduce skipping)

Coolplayer 2.09 released

Get the latest 209 for some bug fixes and support for ID3v2 tags. Also there is a new TrackLength column in the playlist. One final thing is the Background loading of ID3 tags - this will be good for all those people who have '000s of files in their playlists but don't want to wait for CP to load all of their tags ;)

From the changelog;
+ Fixed minimise and maximise on playlist
+ Added support for ID3v2 (read and write)
+ Fixed systray tooltip icon not showing artist and song title
+ Fixed some memory bugs (would have shown up as occasional crashes during closedown)
+ Fixed problem resizing the last column
+ Added background load of ID3 tags (this will prevent the delays on loading huge playlists)
+ Added track length to playlist - right hand click in the track's "Length" column to (re)calculate (these are stored in the ID3v2 tag)
+ Fixed track stack advancing over the next song if you remove the current song from the playlist
+ Fixed the volume setting to 100% at the start of every song (affected only a few soundcard/driver combinations)
+ Fixed occasional POP between songs (in OGG and MP3)

Thanks BVV --

It's tiny, sounds very quick and clean, & has some nicish skins available. Is it me, or does it seem less 'muddy' than winamp 2.81 with DFX?

catachresis said:

It's tiny, sounds very quick and clean, & has some nicish skins available. Is it me, or does it seem less 'muddy' than winamp 2.81 with DFX?
Clean, but fortunately the sound is still "warm", just the way I like it. Unlike the clinical, sterile and cold (if you know what I mean) Winamp-MAD combination. I thought that sounded pretty good at first, but after a while it got tiring and irritating.

Last edited: