CloneCD3341 install msg and DVD region

Well, i think i had a chat about this with 1 of the nice ppl on this forum b4. just revisting this issue...

While trying to install CloneCD 3341, I got the followin msg. Is the msg a big deal? Do I have to get the firmware to flash my DVD-ROM and DVD-RW (which I am quite scared to flash considering how much it costed me), and make them region-free?

CloneCD 3341 install msg:
You are located in the US and Japan.
Due to certain law in these countries, the "Amplify weak sectors" in CloneCD will be disabled.
The "Hide CDR Media" option in the CloneCD Tray Icon will be disabled.

Thanks,

PT

Don't worry

Don't worry
As part of their licensing they are not permitted to allow you to amplify weak sectors in the U.S.

When CloneCD runs it checks you regional settings and if you're in the U.S that part of the software is disabled.

However, before you run the software, change your regional settings to the somewhere else (UK, Europe) and as if by magic these features become available.

Don't forget to put them back after or your reminders will be appearing 8 hours early

Not sure about the flash update - thats upto you

OLDY

joripe your right bro, I still not installed Clonecd 4!! B4 you say anything I know I posted the tread about ccd4....How is it guy's? Clonecd4 dat is been reading reports all over. ;)

hey, thanks for your recent help. i changed Location under Regional Options under Control Panel. it did not work. CloneCD installer still displays the same msg. please help. thanks.

i am running WinXP.

PT