CloneCD dead :(

New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep

Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD

We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the long loyalty to CloneCD!
We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and remain with the most cordial greetings

Your elby team
And mail you recive:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our software was prohibited by a new European wide
copyright law. The industry lobby has won and we
practically have lost the rights to develop and distribute
our own software which we developed for 6 years.

CloneCD will survive under a different team on Antigua
(e.g. outside of European and American legislation) at
slysoft.com. Registered users get support and updates from
now on from slysoft. They will soon publish new versions of
CloneCD.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Thomas Schoeffel
Your Elaborate Bytes Team
*sigh*

And the burner compatibility pages are gone!
(unless...) - actually, one of the forums re-created them, but not in the same easy view format - no more "2 sheep" ratings, it's just numbers that don't stand out.
http://www.fish.34sp.com/drives/index.htm

Slysoft have not got CloneCD or anything for it online yet - and if their "support" consists of sitting on it for a year, then that's a pretty poor result.

CLONE CD was surpassed and overtaken by "ALCOHOL 120%" long ago in terms of reliability and the fact that CLONE CD, was neglected and left gathering dust for so long!, It lost the battle with new protection schemes being conquered by 'Alcohol' left CLONE CD in the DIRT for good, months ago!

EVEN the feeble comeback with CLONE DVD was not enough to save a sinking ship as FREEWARE out there was and still is often better left ELBY sunk!!!

ELBY and OLLI had something good and for 'SOME' it still is .... but with the passage of time and lack of effort to keep upto speed with all things new ...maby being ON TOP for so long.... until ALCOHOL 120% came along they had little or no opposition they prolly got LAZY!? :confused:

Anyhow a long story short i think the realised they could not compete and pulled out !? :confused: !?, after all they could of prolly Just changed names and just moved offices again !? lol :)

Don't get me wrong here?!.... im not out to kick elby when they are down and promote ALCOHOL 120% ....im just giving my OWN opinion here :)

think u've sunk the cloneCd's boat more.. need 2 check if it's lying @ the same depth as the titanic lol :D:D:D

CloneCD has been purchased by SlySoft..the Maker of AnyDVD (which I think sleeps in the same bed) and has announced that a update will be made soon..and that all upgrades to previous owner of CloneCD will still be free

I have to agree with VIPER_1069, I've made SD2 backups with the latest CLONE CD that didn't work. But I've used ALCOHOL 120% with the same hardware and it worked. :( Also to begin with I didn't want to switch till I found backups that didn't work then I had too. :(

Laz

Yep, as jroc said Olli has simply moved operations to the Bahamas for new legal implications that basically made CCD ilegal in many European countries.

Sorry, I am wrong. SlySoft have nothing *whatsoever* to do with Olli or Elaborate Bytes. lmao :rolleyes:

(So Olli say's anyways! :p )

LTR12101B said:
And the burner compatibility pages are gone!
(unless...) - actually, one of the forums re-created them, but not in the same easy view format - no more "2 sheep" ratings, it's just numbers that don't stand out.
http://www.fish.34sp.com/drives/index.htm

Slysoft have not got CloneCD or anything for it online yet - and if their "support" consists of sitting on it for a year, then that's a pretty poor result.

Burner comp list http://web.archive.org/web/20020601145859/elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/a.html

and as far as I remember ther's one in ccd's help file :)