Choppy play on ps2

chef1366

I use memorex dvd-r 4x with a sony drx-510 ul writer, dvd encrypter, Rempeg2 and ifoedit. The dvds play fine in my stand alone, but they play choppy in my ps2. More so with the ones i compress. I went through the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem and didn't find any. Could it be the media or the transcode process?

this could be a problem with the PS2 as they are NOT THE BEST players for playing back DVD's even some ORIGINAL DVD'S will skip jump or even fail to play back properly in a PS2 :(

More often than not its a LASER problem with the PS2 that has trouble reading the disks :(

even the X-BOX isnt flawless it has trouble with a lot of originals its just one of those things :)

If you google about and search for "PS2 dvd playback problems" you will find loads of posts saying they are FAR from perfect for playing DVDS :(

Stick with yer standalone unless you really HAVE TO play them on your PS2 :)

chef1366

Just wrote a movie on to a memorex dvd-r 4x and it plays flawlessly on my ps2. I had mistaken on my earlier thread that I had used a 4x but it was a 2x. Bought a new pack and didn't notice the difference. I had always thought the slower you burned the better chance the media would be read. :confused: Anyway, as a new member of this sight I would like to say it is great. I learned a great way to backup ps2 games with only nero. Most copy programs blow way too much smoke. Thanks!

chef1366

Still Choppy

Burned another and it came out choppy. So much for my theory. I guess I will just stick with with my standalone. Thanks for your time. :cool:

PhilEnfield

Try using some Ritek disks G03's or G04's, as these are generally more compatible with standalones, PS2's etc.
I have burnt many of these for my son and never had playback problems on his PS2.
Many peeps give bad reports on Memorex, even on Standalones and, as mentioned above the PS2's can be a bit finnicky at the best of times.