Choices for audio burning

Hy!! I wanna buy a recorder. What is the best for audio extraction and burning? I have to choice between

LG 40x12x40 OEM
Philips PCRW4816K 48x16x48 OEM
LiteON 48x12x48 OEM
Sony 48x12x48 OEM
Aopen 48x12x52 Retail
LG 48x16x48 OEM
LiteON 52x24x52 Retail
Teac 40x12x40 OEM
Plextor 4824TA 48x24x48 OEM

What should I get?
THANKS!!!

Plex has a great reputation for burning quality audiocd's ....

The Philips can rip CactusDataShield 200 and Key2Audio audioprotections.....

what about Yamaha Advanced Audio Quality Mastering?.....with it's larger pits which should be easier to read in typical CD players...Im considering it myself, but I wonder about it's ability to copy games.....since at $75/game I cant leave the original out for my son and his friends......I see the Yamaha CRW-F1 at about $119 on mail order.....

dx

The concept that LiteOn's are poor on DAE and audio burning is simply not true anymore...and cdspeed2000.com shows it. They are excellent burners that do both games and audio and are not finicky about CDR media.

Plex's are great burners that will last and last, but they are expensive and a quite picky about CDR media.

General consensus though is that the Yammie CRW-F1 is da bomb for audio and gaming alike. $119 is not a bad deal for it, but I have seen better deals for it. But then again you don't have that on your list so...

...the LiteOn 48x or 52x are IMHO, your best shot. But go for the 52x, as it's retail. OEM is not always such a great deal because of the more limited warrantee.

BTW, I own all three brands LiteOn, Yamaha, and Plex...and the LiteOn sees the most use. ;)

Ok, thanks
I remember where I can buy yamaha's one, but it costs about 130-150 € and liteon is only about 65€ the 40 or 48x version. Plextor costs 113 €
And so, for burning audio, if liteon works well (burning & with dao, I saw) I think is the best choice, as I'm student, don't have a work, so I can't buy plextor or yamaha. I thought about saving some money and buy plextor one, but.... I can't afford too much money, if the difference between drives is not enough
well, thanks for all!!!! And sorry if my english hurts...
Another thing, is there any difference with Litteon 40, 48 or 52x burners? I don't care paying some € more if one of them is better burning, but I don't care if my cd is burned 20 seconds more or less...
THANKS

Yes, correct. (in a way) as with all things in life you hand over your hard earned cash and you get what you pay for.
I've found Plextor drives to be well made, reliable and for me they do what I bought them for.
As the saying goes, they do what it says on the box.
If I'd bought cheaper, would I be regretting it now? no one can say but my dear old Dad used to say "Buy the best you can afford Son" and I've followed that advise all my life.

I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas.

dx

Geoff...you are correct Plex's are solid and are built like a truck. They will probably outlast the LiteOn's and Yamaha's. But this all comes at a cost...they are often 2 to 3 times as expensive and the most recent ones (40x & 48x) are very picky about CDR media.

I have a 5 year old Plex that is still a great burner. But at 8x max burning speeds, I rarely use it any more. It has outlived its usefullness. So sometimes upgrading is not such a bad thing. ;)

Well, after thinking about all this, I get the conclusion that the difference of money is about the long the drive will last, but not especially the quality of the burned cd, so, if in two years I will be able to buy a new dvd burner, why am I going to pay double for plextor? in two years my liteon can stop burning, but i will buy a new dvd burner...
Do you think is this correct?
But please, remember I would pay morem, if the quality of the resulting burned cd is enough to pay for it, but i don't mind if the drive dies in three years, I pay for the resulting cd, I want it to last more time, and to been read easier by drives. THANKS for all, and I hope all my questions could help somebody else

Hy again!!! I had the lucky of have found an internal yamaha that does 20x10x40. I costs 120 €, it costs more than the others, but is as good as the F1 you told? or is worse? Should I buy it. or the plextor's one for audio, as the F1 I saw is an external one that costs 240 € !!!!! and I don't mind it is the best for audio, I can't afford it if there's a plextor that costs 113 or a yamaha at 120.
well, thanks again

Yes I suppose that if you take the view that two years or so down the line you'll be upgrading anyway then the original cost will not have to reflect too much on how long the drive will last.
All I can tell you is that I've had my Plextors for many years now,
yes, before burn proof drives came out and I reckon they'll copy with quality to equal any drive on the market today.
They're SCSI drives I know but they seem to copy anything I put
into them. The PX-40TS reads and the PX-W124TS writes and it only writes at 12/4 reads at 32 and that seems light years away
from the drives produced today.

I've never been able to tell the difference between the stated read speeds so is the actual burning speed of these new drives any real advantage? what's the difference in time? a couple of minutes max? plus the new drives demand more expensive media and round here that's sometimes difficult to find.

@geoff I have the same plexs as U (I use them as backup)
I now use a LiteOn DVD 163 ROM & a LiteOn 40x burner
It will burn onto handkerchiefs never mind cheap Media at the moment I am using some cheapo white tops 15p each graded 1x - 24x the liteOn burns to em @ 40x no bother

jormartr said:
... found an internal yamaha that does 20x10x40. I costs 120 €, it costs more than the others, but is as good as the F1 you told? or is worse? Should I buy it.
the older Yamies are not comparable with the F1;
i would buy the LiteOn 48, when i can't pay the F1;

Duracell

HY!!! I finally bought the TEAC 540E (I think it is)
I thought about the quality of Teac, and as I wanted something was good, that's it, a teac one. It hope I bought a good machine, that's all, thank all those who helped me, and don't kill me as I didn't take neither liteon or plextor.

jormartr has long as your happy with the end results thats what counts at the end of the day/night.
Ps. don't go out buying loads of blanks buy 2 to 3 at a time if your not going to stick to Teac recommeneded brands to B on the safe side.;)