Check vulnerabilities in IE

man i cant even begin to tell you how many of those test i failed and it all involves having active scripting enabled i tried to disable the damn thing & continued browsing come to find out most website i visited did not work. i would click a link nothing happens etc... the only thing i can think of is to disable everything in internet opt then as i visit a site i think is not dangerous then ill just add it to my trusted site.

"Workaround: At this time the only workaround is to disable active scripting. However, if you disable active scripting you will lose important functionality on some Web sites, including this Web Browser Check. We recommend that you wait for the patch from Microsoft, and install it when it is available.

If you choose to disable active scripting, select Internet Options from the Tools menu. Select the Security tab, and click the Custom Level button. Select Disable under Active Scripting, click OK. "

Last edited:
odd thing is i have stealth browsing on with sygate personall firewall pro - and suppose to hide such info as in browser and os etc - but part 1 of this test reveals them ? - so guess stealth browsing is all that with sygate pro?

only thing stealth browsing did is stop the 2nd phase of the test, cos script reports i am not running ie.

I did the hack checks at that site you suggested toto and passed I think half of them. I was running McAfee firewall at the time.....I think I'll do thos checks without the firewall running and see how it checks out

That's a great site dude, thanks for the intro:cool: