Cheapest small digital cameras in UK ?

Anyone know good reliable net sites for cheapest (pref no P & P) digital cameras, small ones and good ones, not shite like espion. 2.0 megapixels at least, 3 preferable. Its for my daughter when she goes out with her friends. (You know what kids are like !)

does it have to be 3 megapixels !? i got the konica revio kd100 1.3 megapixels ....from argos phil and its a great little camera for £99 prolly less now !? it has a back screen and movie capabilitys too and takes both SD and MMC memory cards to increase its 8 meg capacity :)

takes pictures in 640x480 resolution and highest of 10124x768 pixels in 24 bit resolution at its highest (has 3 settings for quality of resolution for both picture sizes ) it can take lower res pictures too but with all pictures lower resolutions its not as crisp when printed out :(

cost me £16 extra for 32meg MMC memory card which gives me a max of 448 pictures at the lowest setting and mid setting 112 highest eats the most memory giving 32 pics but for my use i use max res and 640x480 pic size and is more than enough for my uses :)

anyhow thats what i have and use works great for me :)
have a look in yer local argos mate they have some good ones for more money but depends on how much ya wanna spend but i recommend you at least get one with a flash and back screen so you can use anywhere and preview the pics and edit on the fly gettin rid of ones that are not desired :)

this is a pic of it :)

Good stuff mates. My daughter was SERIOUSLY let down by some crappy little camera that when she took a photo indoors with a flash gave her mostly black pics with vague dark grey shapes in it ! Like the "Espion" it was but called "premier" I think. AWFUL it was.

But this Konica is good is it ? Have you taken flash photos indoors ?

Have a look at this i made a miss quote on the highest size doh its 1280 x 1024 24 bit i had to resize using my viewer (PICAVIEW) and RE-grabbed with snagit to fit the forum lol :)

so at max res its ...

1280 x 1024 x 24 bit

mid size is 1024 x 768 x 24 bit

and small size is 640 x 480 x 24 bit

it also does lower resolutions at those sizes but as with all cameras lower res is lower quality so i tend to stick with the 640 x 480 24 bit which is ample when it comes to printing :)

:)

lol im still learning how to use it lol being a dumwad what i am lol ;)

but seriously its pretty easy to use mate my 11 yr old and 7 yr olds can use it :)

with the backscreen its easier to use instead of the viewfinder :)

but like all cameras using the backscreen uses more juice so i use a good set of rechargables hi capacity NIMH are recommended ;)

it comes with 2 x duracells in the box and the software drivers on cd and the relevant USB lead and a soft carry case too :)

and yep this is flash photo it does normal flash for indoor use (flashes twice) and red eye flash (flashes multiple times) there are also various luminance settings that can be adjusted for different light settings and flash and no flash settings and other stuff but i mainly use AUTO it does just fine :)

it also takes movies as mentioned earlier and saves them in AVI format so watching back is easy in windows :)

pictures are saves in JPEG format with the prefix of image001 etc which i use a freeware renamer to give generic names but again personal preference :)

the other plus factor here is that it also comes with a COMPOSITE VIDEO output and lead so you can connect straight to a tv set with video COMPOSITE IN or VIDEO recorder to playback images or avi clips as a slideshow or video clip on the TV screen or record to tape :) :) :)

and if yer real short sighted u can use the TV screen as a view screen to take the pics lol altho you have to look at the TV lol lol :p :)

Attachments

looked at those "LTR12101B" would of cost me £39 for this very model its strange here that its double that ?!
i dumped it as one of my choices as it has no flash which is 100% essential for any INDOOR useage which most digi cams are bought for !?

another additional here i forgot to mention is that the konica can also double as a webcam when its attached to the computer with the USB lead and works quite well :)

That looks brill Viper mate. I'll get it for her birthday next month. By the way - you still not taken down your Xmas tree ? :D

oh yeah sh..t forgot mate lol that was the only pic without my ugly mug in lol but seriously i wanted to find one with lots of colour and use of flash :) just dont show her the pic as she may want the bears as well lol which are £3.99 for the tree ones £8 for the pudding one and £29.99 for the large one :) from yer nearest card shop lol ;)

Also here
http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/

The DV2 is the 1.3 megapixel model, and can use CF cards

The DV1 has only internal memory - and 128Mbits sounds good, until you realize it's only 16 Mb - 3 minutes of 10fps video and then you have to offload it.

The DV2's strength is that you could use it like a video camera - AND take a worthwhile length of recording.

There are many better cameras for stills

http://www.morgancomputer.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=956
Probably more than you want to spend, but I like the Fuji's (even though I have a Kodak (the price was right, remember?)

PS. 7dayshop are always worth checking for deals on NiMH and chargers - in specials and clearance

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/specials.php

Last edited: