CDR software without installation?

Hi,
Does anybody know of any CDR software that runs without installation, directly from a CD or floppy? It might be DOS based or Windows based.
I just want to burn to a CD loads of images that are stored in a PC (legally), but I'm not allowed to install any software, so currently I can only copy the images to floppys ...
TIA

borogovio said:
Hi,
Does anybody know of any CDR software that runs without installation, directly from a CD or floppy? It might be DOS based or Windows based.
I just want to burn to a CD loads of images that are stored in a PC (legally), but I'm not allowed to install any software, so currently I can only copy the images to floppys ...
TIA
cdrwin would be a good choice....
You can run it from a floppy even :)

http://www.storeroom.info/cdm/index_e.html
Available as a zip (no installer)
Small enough to put on a floppy (not sure if it would run from).

And unlike CDRWin, free (CDRWin is speed-crippled in trial mode).

Worth a try - I assume you mean PHOTO images, as I just had a vision of trying to carry a full CD-Image on several hundred floppies!

If it would support it (Win98 would need a driver installed), a USB Pendrive may be a better answer - 32Mb is about the smallest size currently sold

I'm a little puzzled, does the machine have a burner, but no software to support it (but if XP, there's always the built-in, if there's nothing better)?

One other possibility, if it will boot from CD (and the writer is not the only CD drive) then a bootable Linux CD (eg. Knoppix), may be a rather lateral solution!

Sorry I didn't explain clearly! And thank you for all the comments.
Yes, I meant photo images (several hundred). The computer runs a stripped down version of Win XP (the technician installed the OS, then the software for a digital camera and then removed all he could from the OS). Thus I don't think that Windows built-in burner would work.

Can't try with Knoppix as the burner is the only CD drive.

I didn't even think of a USB pendrive, as I don't own one yet (shame on me).

So I'll try CD Manipulator and, if the ASPI are missing, CDRwin (speed is not an issue, so 1x will be OK).

Once again, thanks :D

"CD EasyBurning is a special CD version form EasyBurning. Run form floppy disc or from CDROM"
http://www.paehl.de/cdr/cd_easyBurning.zip

"EasyISO is a simple, standalone (no install) CD Burning software with support for CDR/CDRW, DVD+RW, DVD-R and DVD-RW. It provides on-the-fly burning without creating any temporary files. EasyISO supports Joliet as well as Multisession, Disc Caching and Burn Proof. You can also create bootable CDs and test write before burning. It uses the standard or any other ASPI-driver."
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2499

Last edited:
BVV: Thanks a bunch for the hints - will give them a try. ;)

Anybody knows of a DOS based solution? I was wondering that if the ASPI layers are missing, I'd be stuck in spite of all the programs suggested here. On the other hand, Symantec's Ghost burns from a floppy in DOS (though full partitions / discs and doesn't allow to select only files / folders), so perhaps there is another piece of software that runs in DOS ...

This is an option from CD Easyburning:

"Force ASPI under WinNT/2K/XP (if checked), otherwise SPTI (default)"

So, no need to have aspi installed.

EDIT:
Alternatively you can put wnaspi32.dll (Nero) in the Easyiso folder. It will use that ; it will always work.

Last edited:
borogovio said:
Hi,
TIA
I usually used Burnatonce rip version, or you can use burniso both are free. :)