CDMate - Anyone have any success with it ?

I am only asking as so far I have buggered up 5 (admittedly cheapie Traxdata) discs so far with no joy at all. I keep getting something about the data seek or something. I am going back to good ol' NTI which at least gives me a warning before burning and buggering up !:confused:

Cdmate had a bug in the software for the 24X Plex.It is supposed to be fixed with the latest version.It should now work so get the update. It fixes the writing problem everybody encountered with the new PLex.:)

Cheers Woody mate, but I think I'll hang on 'til I hear someone has actually SUCCEEDED with this prog.

I actually bought the d**n thing as I thought they would get it together on the copying end and I wanted to support their efforts to create a program that can do it all. The last 5 updates have not fixed the copy problems with the Plex 24x.:(

I had to burn some audio CD's, (from mp3) so I thought it would be a good chance to give CDMate a whirl. Basicly it took 10min to do what nero does in 4. quality was the same.. No coasters though. Seemed like the encode time took a horibly long time.
My 2 Cent...

Might not be a bad idea to go to CDTimes Forum (sorry Woody but not to worry as their forum does not hold a chandal to yours) and tell the production team that hangs out there that they are not ready for prime time yet and to try to get them moving.:(

No problem Ken.Cdrtimes has a new forum,I think it is a good one.They have the most Cdmate info there of anybody.They are in touch with the developers,and can get things done.;)

H

Houman

I am still having difficulty doing SD and SD2 with my LiteOn 24x, even with the 5s0D updated Firmware and latest CD-m8 :) upgrade.

Good 'ol Clone is still doing it great for me.

ccd-200 with CDMate

Hi there !
I succeeded in copying a cactus data shield 200 protected CD
with the CDMate-Ripper and a ACER 1208 A.
It took several tries but it went ok finally.
Track 1 needed a little help...right-click and change start-of-track.

cu
h2so4

f**k it!

hi there...

okay i am not with the newest hardware execpt for my cd-rw (acer 2010). but cd mate suxx. kick it. really. it doesn't even manage to burn 80 min mp3-to-audio.

i'll stick with nero. i actually bought it and it's worth the money. always up-to-date, best performance etc.

i am sorry... i am still looking for some kind of combination of ecdc 4/vob instant cd 6, clone and nero... but after all, nero is the best choice.

but if someone has backup mypc available... please PM me via email. i still need a good program for hdd-to-cdr-backups.

H

Houman

infosmog,

Your concerns are quite valid and I can see where you coming from, but lets not forget the fact that CD-M8 is just breaking in. I would hold off harsh comments until perhaps the software is atleast 3 months old ;)

Houman

I uninstalled CD Mate when latest version failed to copy with my Plextor. I had to use 3rd party uninstaller and then clean up the registry. I guess I will wait on this one as I can't even say it is up to beta standards. It is more like alpha software that they are testing by using newsgroups to promote and get tested. Of course, they don't say that.:mad:

Houman said:
infosmog,

Your concerns are quite valid and I can see where you coming from, but lets not forget the fact that CD-M8 is just breaking in. I would hold off harsh comments until perhaps the software is atleast 3 months old ;)

Houman
Got to agree with you there Houman.. Also ppl seem to have short memorys or were just not around at the birth of CloneCD. i have lost count how many times clone was updated from ver 1004,1005,1006,1007 and on and on and even now its still being updated .. maybe not as regularly.
but to keep abreast of things and find out whats going on with CD Mate then w*w.cdrtimes.net is most definatly the place to be.

H

Houman

And this doesn't stop at CloneCD or CDMate either.

While on the same issue, I updated my CDMate this morning and safedisk speeds have improved dramatically.

Houman