jondoh

I've found the following device in Device Manager, Non-Plug and Play Drivers:

Service Name: C-Dilla
Device Status: Working Properly
Device Usage: Enabled
Current Status: Stopped
Startup Type: Demand
Details: Greyed-out.

I've also found CDILLA16.EXE in C:\Windows.

I've had CD burning problems using the Windows XP burn feature that weren't solved even when I replaced the CDR-RW drive. The process runs completely, then it says it can't finish.

How do I safely, completely and permanently remove this thing?

Regarding cdilla check this http://www.privacyandspying.com/privacy-c_dilla.html
Regarding burning(doesent matter if cdilla interferes)...Xp integrated burning sux,same as roxio creator..and you need a good stable burning s/w.
So to fix your problems disable imapi process and install good burning proggy.
One good audio-data free solution is bao..
Good luck :)

Last edited:

jondoh

Thanks, zver. PrivacyandSpying has nothing but background info about cdilla. He suggests a tool called Rewinder, but it's just an illegal method of extending the trial period. I think I've heard of c-dilla for 3 or 4 years -- I can't believe it can't be removed. I sure wish I knew if it's the jerk that's had one of my svchost.exes running ceaselessly at 2% for the last 8 months.

Do you know what piece of software/game that installed c-dilla?
If so,install Total Uninstall,install the program with c-dilla again,but this time monitored by Total Uninstall.
After the install is complete,run TU again to remove everythying that was installed by that malware program..

jondoh

Thanks, guys. I downloaded Total Uninstall; that's an excellent little trick. The small, used HD I'm using has been there, done that, if you know what I mean. It hasn't been formatted and has had many programs installed and uninstalled by a guy who "gets around" a bit himself. If anybody knows of a source for obtaining a list of the best known programs that use C-dilla, I sure need to check it out. I'm told that CAD has been installed in the past, and I can borrow the setup exe to reinstall it with Total Uninstall in charge of operations :D. I'm betting I get rid of c-dilla on the first try unless different apps use different versions of it.