CD+G burning with DVD writer

livewire

I tried to burn some karoake cd+g cds with my NEC 1300A, but no luck. I used Nero 6.0. I searched for info on here, guess I'll try some other programs. Is it possible to burn cd+g discs with dvd writers? I keep reading that only certain drives can burn cd+g, but I haven't found anything on dvd drives.

@ livewire,

To be able to successfully record CD+G (Karaoke) disk your reader must be capable of reading CD+G data and your writer must be able to write RAW DOA data.

The easiest way to find out if your reader/writer have these capabilities is to obtain a copy of Nero Info Tool available at h**p://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroInfoTool_221.zip. The Nero Info Tool will provide detailed information about your reader/writer.

After you establish your hardware (reader/writer) is capable of handling CD+G ((Karaoke) you need software that will record in the RAW DOA mode. Programs like CDRWin, CloneCD, Alcohol 120% or DiscJuggler will write/record in the RAW-DOA mode and will record CD+G (Karaoke).

The easiest and best program to record CD+G (Karaoke) is Microstudio by Micro Technology Unlimited (MTU). You can obtain information about Microstudio by visiting the MTU site located at h**p://www.mtu.com. Micro Technology Unlimited (MTU) has a demo copy of Microstudio available so you can test your writer (NEC 1300A) and see if it will record CD+G (Karaoke) properly.

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited:
Dead On Arrival??

DAO = Disc At Once, which is what you were looking for.

Simply supporting RAW DAO 96 is not enough for CD+G.
Lite-On CDRW drives never had a good rep for CD+G and they support RAW DAO.
Plextor always had a good rep, although despite the fact that I still have a 12X SCSI plextor lying around, I have never burnt a CD+G.

yeah PLEXTOR rules the roost on CD+G and same as you celtic never had the need to do them but having MANY FRIENDS that do use PLEXTORS for that very purpose swear by them as the best drive for that one sole purpose :)

i would assume that the PLEXTOR DVD burners would burn them !? but thats only an assumption !? :)

As per C Druid plextor SCSI are the bees knees for CD+G I did a few many years ago <> I used Clone CD if I remember correctly It was a matter of trial & error but I finally sorted it
but I cant help further I have plain forgotten.A good source for info re this would be a Karaoke DJ (In my neck of the woods they are ALLOWED to make ONE backup If they own the original for use to preserve the original)

best tool i found for doing it was cdrwin :) it alsso shows you if your burner will support cd+g in the old days i did about 300+ cd+g using it dont get much call for it now

Hello Folks,

I have reordered numerous CD+G (Karaoke) disks using Lite-On LTR’s recorders. I have also recently used a NEC ND-2500A to record/write CD+G (Karaoke) disks. The key to successfully recording CD+G (Karaoke) disks is using software that records/writes in the RAW DOA data mode. I am not into doing Karaoke but I have friends that are into big time. I am by know means a Karaoke expert but I have backed up a couple of hundred CD+G (Karaoke) disk for my friends.

I use a Lite-ON HD163 to read the CD+G (Karaoke) disk. It is also very important to have a reader that will read CD+G (Karaoke) disk. Collectively my friends kicked in and purchased the Micro Technology Unlimited (MTU) Microstudio software program for me so that I could back up their extensive CD+G (Karaoke) collection.

Regards,
Coaster

livewire

cd+g

I used Nero's karaoke setting and it worked fine. I'm using firmware 1.0a btw. It just has to be set to read the subchannel data with the audio tracks basically. I guess dvd writers can burn cd+g without a problem.