Gapless audio session on CD extra is doable with

• CDRWIN?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clone CD?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bonomau

Hello everyone! i was more than AMAZED to find this GREAT fourm, that covers practically every detail of several great software. :D

but after much reading, i still have a problem. i have a 1995 rolling stones cd (stripped) with a data track at the start of it, and then the audio tracks, gapless, of course, since it is a live cd.

first, i tried to make a backup of it (it is badly scratched) with clone cd, but in the burned cd the data session takes the place of track 1, and the audio track 1 becomes track 2.

i am now experimenting with cdrwin 5.0 to make a cd extra so i can use the audio secure extraction made with EAC and to put the DATA track at the end (in the style of Peter Gabriel's Enhanced cd "UP") , but as far as i have tried, i just cannot make the damn audio tracks to be gapless, although i have supposedly told the program to pregap the first track as usual, and remove the gaps from the rest of the audio tracks, but STILL i get 2 second gaps between every audio track.

i have devoted so much time to this problem, because the new edition of the stones cd is audio only, and the data track is quite nice.

i hope someone out there has an answer for my problem.

thanx in advance to every one who reads.
please help! i am a fast learner, but this time, i have not been able to fulfill my goal... :(

Your CD-Extra actually isn't a CD-Extra, but a mixed mode CD... anyway:
1.Rip the audio tracks with EAC.
2. Rip the data track with ISOBuster.
3. Create a REAL CD-Extra, putting the data track last. I believe that Nero can do the job, although I don't use it. But I can assure you that RecordNowMax, Padus Discjuggler and Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD can easily create such disks, with CD-Text and ISRC/UPC codes, plus custom pregaps (including of course zeroed ones). I have burned many CD-Extras with those three applications on different burners (Lite-On 24102b, Plextor 24/10/40, Plextor Premium, Sony DRU-500, Toshiba SD-M 6112) and excluding few cases of insufficent burner driver support, the result was fine.

nero can make CD EXTRA disks no problem and to make them gapless just highlight all exept for track one* the tracks together and right click and choose properties where it says pause change this to 0 this will make the tracks back to back/seamless (except in the case where a track lead in and lead out is faded then it will appear to have a gap, note you can remove this in the settings under CDA options when you goto the burn settings :) )

* dont use a 0 pause time on track 1 as this will prompt when you wish to burn that it will need 1 - 2 seconds for the lead-in on the disk ... (altho it does give you the option to change this when you attempt to burn :) ) its just easier to do it when you are compiling the audio :)

Just create the disk as you normally make a CD-EXTRA but change the puase to 0 as described above and all should be fine :)

hope this is of some use to you :)

To burn conventional audio with zero track gaps, you have to use DAO mode (as well as setting all except the first to zero ... a common complaint is that many programs cannot do this automatically).

To burn a 2 session CD-Extra / CD-Enhanced with no track gaps, SAO (Session at once) mode may be required, and if not made available explicitly, SAO is often selected if DAO is set, in a situation where DAO could not actually be used. There are some other things I've probably missed in that.

There is also a 3rd way to combine data and audio - data in pregap, rapidly dropped as it was troublesome!

bonomau

Thanx!

thanx to all of you who helped me on this one!

i will try with nero... i was just having great expectactions with CDRWIN, but i grew tired of burning audio with gaps.

i will let you know how i did. have a great weekend guys!
:D

LTR12101B said:
To burn a 2 session CD-Extra / CD-Enhanced with no track gaps, SAO (Session at once) mode may be required...
The problem is that most programs drop the pregap settings to 2 seconds when using SAO mode, no matter what you've set up. One program that can do multisession Cd-extra with adjustable gaps is Wavelab, and another one K3b (a linux program- actually K3B always burns mixed mode CD's as multisession- it even stops while burning, opens and closes the tray to reset the drive and then burns the next session). But it burns CD-text only with the cdrecord engine, if you pick up CDRDAO in such a disk then the Cd-text info goes south.
IMHO nothing more stable and confident than discjuggler for such jobs, you just have to tolerate its... ehmmm... "peculiar" user interface.