Can't get Nero to work properly?

makasm

I have Nero newly installed and I am trying to burn mpg files to a CDR. It will act like it is burning OK, as the process goes to 100% it sits there and on 100% and never finishes. Can't figure out what is wrong? If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

sounds like you have a messed up aspi layer, a burning software conflict or Nero6;

please offer us some more informations:
e.g. OS, Hardware, IDE driver version, other (also former) installed burning software?

Greetings from
Duracell

makasm

Running Win98SE, PIII-800, 191MB RAM, 30GB HDD, Samsung CDRW SW-208B, shows Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller Hardware ver 002 Firmware ver BT02 (driver file VMM32.VXD (CONFIGMG.vxd) shows file version not available - is that enough or do I need to get into the BIOS?). Nero 6 (Is there a problem with this?) Had a old version of Adaptec Easy CD Creator (not sure of version, it is already gone, if you need to know I can dig up my old CD).

Let me know if you need more

Thanks!

sorry for my late response, let's utilize your provided details:

=> "Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller" - sometimes conflicts with burning aplications, please download and install the latest "Intel Aplication Accelerator";
=> "Nero 6" - still not recommended, 5.5.10.42 or 5.5.10.54 are the right choice;
=> "Had a old version of Adaptec Easy CD Creator (not sure of version, it is already gone, if you need to know I can dig up my old CD)" - Don't reinstall this! i asked because it could left over files in your system which now conflicting with Nero;

please follow RASTABT's tutorial: http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=32187 (1. KillASPI, 2. InstASPI) to get a clean ASPI layer; reboot and try to burn again; if it fails, please attach the Nero log file here; :)