Can I Put 2 DVD's Onto 1?

cakeman

Hi All
I converted an AVI which was in two parts several months ago when I was pretty new to all this using CM's guide. I had problems joining the split AVI so I just stuck it on 2 DVD's as I wasn't clued up on how I could get round it. Is there any way I can put these 2 parts onto 1 DVD-R? I don't have the original AVI anymore - all I have are the 2 DVD's I created.

Sure, rip each DVD movie only, then either re-encode/shrink to fit or author then shrink.

You could for instance use DVDShrink in reauthor mode and simply drag each one over. Could also run both through DVD2AVI and re-encode with CCE.
Run both through rejig, then add as a single title/movie to your authoring app.

DVD Shrink has a feature where you can combine the 2 DVDR's into one. So does DVD2One.

If you have problems joining the 2 AVI's together in the future, then just encode each separately to only 1/2 a dvdr size (2220), thats assumeing each part is of equal or similar length time wise. Dont make an image. Then add both parts to TMPGEnc DVD Author joining the end of movie 1 to the start of movie 2.

cakeman

Nice one lads. Can I just run the DVD-R's through DVDShrink or do I need to make an image first?

Rip them both to the HD first to separate folders, then run Shrink. Or you could reencode them using DVD2SVCD w/CCE for better quality as you would any DVD but only to 1/2 a DVDR size, then author as I said above.