can any body help me ,

kabats

i have a 64 bit board ,fx5900xt vid card,1 gig of pc3200 mem,four hundred
gig of harddisk, running on windows xp, this my games computer or i thought it was,it will not play certain games (newish games) like doom3 it plays for short while then bombs ,this omputer has no spywareon it,no firewall,or anti virus ,not on the net.proccesser is 3200 amd 64bit processer ,

PLEASE CAN ANYBODEY HELP ME SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS COMPUTER
MY NEW FRIENDS PLEASE EMAIL ME ********WITH AN ANSWER IF POSS
ON :) :confused:

Edited reason:- ***** Email removed by me ... its not wise to post your email address on an open forum its left open to abuse :( >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)

Last edited:
assuming you have latest drivers and patches for everything ?!

have you got good enough cooling for your system !?

this could be a problem as you are going to generate a lot of heat :(

check your graphics card drivers are the most up to date ones available also check you have the latest direct x 9c installed as most new games require dx the very latest version available to get the most outta your gaming experience :)

As VIPER has said, make sure U have the latest stable drivers for Ur hardware, especially Ur motherboard drivers & graphics card & sound card (the ones on cd can be older versions with bugs)

Also might be an idea to run Memtest on Ur memory to make sure it not a dodgy ram module

Also check that everythin is plugged in ok & U have adequete cooling (CPU, case fans, etc)

BaNzI :D

Also check your PSU- for such computer specs you need a PSU being able to deliver at least 450W as well as +30A or more on the +5 and +3.3 rails.
64-bit processing isn't usable at all in all current games I know (maybe in the future). The core of the AMD 3.2 64-bit CPU is usually running at 2Ghz, unless you overclocked.

PSU would be may guess too, if that lot is being driven fron a no-name generic PSU with poor wattage or load distribution, that could well be a cause of load-based instability - a 300w is most certainly not up to it, and a low-gade 450w may struggle - if that's a graphics card with a molex (disc drive) power connector, then the drain on the 12v line may be most critical, and many cheap PSUs are weak on the 12v

Any volatage that is further regulated, normally derives from the 12v - through an onboard switchmode regulator that trades between voltage and current.

So the CPU is powered from 12v, as is the graphics, motors in drives, and all the fans.

kabats said:
i have a 64 bit board ,fx5900xt vid card,1 gig of pc3200 mem,four hundred
gig of harddisk, running on windows xp, this my games computer or i thought it was,it will not play certain games (newish games) like doom3 it plays for short while then bombs ,this omputer has no spywareon it,no firewall,or anti virus ,not on the net.proccesser is 3200 amd 64bit processer ,

PLEASE CAN ANYBODEY HELP ME SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS COMPUTER
MY NEW FRIENDS PLEASE EMAIL ME ********WITH AN ANSWER IF POSS
ON :) :confused:

Edited reason:- ***** Email removed by me ... its not wise to post your email address on an open forum its left open to abuse :( >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)
whoa nice system `400 gig hard drive space` :eek:
Download http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and check your temps

Last edited: