C&C Generals

I'm getting this game tommorow and want to know how to copy it using of Clonecd.

I have a Liteon 32123S CDRW and I'm a complete newbie at the copying thing so please any help would be grate like what settings to use etc.

Thanx in advance...:)

CloneCd has problems with some new protections and copying the latest games isn't that easy anymore as it was a year ago...:(
Your burner is a 2 sheep burner,so.....you can read how to copy your game HERE by using the settings for a 2 sheep burner....don't expect miracles,but you have a pretty good chance for getting a working copy if you follow stone_burner's tutorial to the point....;)

Thanx roadworker,

I tried it with CCD but it didn't work :(, but I then installed Alcohol 120% and followed these instructions:

Insert cd to be copied into reader and click on Copy Wizard. Select your reader as CD/DVD Device and SafeDisc 2 as Datatype and then click Next. Just accept the default for image name at the next screen and click Next. At the next screen, select your burner as CD/DVD Recorder (if it's the same as your reader you'll be prompted to insert a blank cdr/w when reading finished), uncheck Bypass EFM Error if you've got a 2 sheep burner but leave it checked if you've got a 0 or 1 sheep burner, and check Delete image file after recording unless you want to keep it for some reason. Otherwise the defaults are ok, so you can then click Start.
And it made a perfect copy :), I can put my orginal game in a safe place.

Thanx once again.

@ aaajeetee

Your burner's a 0 sheep burner. You'll need lotsa luck to get a working non-emu back-up and it's probably impossible for you.

Try the emu copy method with ccd set out in the tute.

I have a toshiba DVD for reading with CCD 4.0.1.3 and a Lite-On 52246S to burn I run Clony XXL v2.0.1.3a and then pick the protection from the CCD Profiler and have no problems getting a working copy of Generals,Impossible Creatures or Island thunder All of which are Safedisk V2.81 but..... they will not play in a burner why is that.......anyone??? P.S. They play fine in a cd-rom or my dvd player.

It's because of the atip check. Pressed silvers don't have atip. Burnt cdr/ws do.

All burners can detect an atip, hardly any cd/dvd roms can.

You wanna play an sd 2.8 copy from your burner, you gotta enable hide cdr media in the systray before you do.

Roger Zee

i have read posts mentioning 0-2 sheep burners what does this mean as i have at present a Samsung SW 252 B cdrw Drive

Many thanks in advance

Roger Zee said:
i have read posts mentioning 0-2 sheep burners what does this mean as i have at present a Samsung SW 252 B cdrw Drive
It relates to how accurately the burner can write regular bit patterns necessary to to reproduce the weak sector patterns found on safedisc 2/3 protected cds so as to enable you to make working copies of those cds. 2 sheep is good, 1 sheep ok, 0 sheep bad. Your burner, like all Samsung models is 0 sheep.

Roger Zee

Cheers

Many thanks for that time for an upgrade then so I might as well do it big style and get a DVD burner as they are coming down in price.