* Buying A New Graphic Card.! Need Help *

Hi..

I have Got A Graphic's Card ATI RADEON X800 XT AGP 8x.
I Want To Buy A New Graphics Card. I Want Idea's On The Recommended.

Please Give The Manufacture Name
Give The Model Number
If Possible Link..

I'll Really Appreciate It.. :):):)

There is an AGP version of the X800 - and on an AGP system, there isn't much around that's better.

Unless considering an upgrade to a PCI-E motherboard, you're on a hiding to nothing - you already have a card close to the maximum available on AGP.

By The Way Is PCI-E Faster Than The AGP 8x.
If I Need To Upgrade To The PCI-E Motherboards Which Motherboard Do You Recommend.
So The X800 XT AGP Card Is The Highest On The Market Right. :)

There are X850 models in AGP as well, but it wouldn't be a huge difference.

PCI-E is THEORETICALLY faster than AGP 8x, but the limit of AGP 8x is not reached with current cards.

PCI-E with SLI (Nvidia cards) or CROSSFIRE (ATI cards) support enables two video cards to be used in tandem, allowing two high end cards to be paired to start with, a high end with the option to pair it later, or a single / pair of midrange cards.

I would go one of two ways, if making the step to PCI-E...

1. Nvidia Nforce 4 chipset, for AMD processor - if going mad for power, a SLI capable motherboard, fitting a single high end (7800 series) card to start with, and a dual core AMD X2 processor.

2. Intel, Intel chipset (dual core support), loaded with an Intel 840 CPU - far cheaper dual core than AMD, but not as powerful.

I wouldnt put a (performance) AMD on anything other than an Nforce chipset, and I would never use an Intel on anything that wasn't an Intel chipset - having found older Intel on Intel setups to be robust, stable and well tuned.

Personally, though I now have Intel with ATI graphics, if I ever build again, I'm going back to AMD with Nvidia graphics - and I'd probably go for the ULI chipset motherboard which supports both AGP and PCI-E - well, if I had an AGP card worth keeping at the time.

I would NEVER go "legacy free" unless certain that running old serial and PS/2 kit on a USB dongle would work in any environment I would wish to run it under.

Thanks LTR12101B

Here Is A Question About A PCI-E Motherboad.
Which Is The Best Motherboard Below.

1. A8N-SLI
2. A8N-SLI SE
3. A8N-SLI Premium
4. A8N-SLI Deluxe

Ignore The Order. If You Have Any Suggestion Please Give Link To Direct Motherboard Site. Thanks :)

All I've found so far, is that the Premium features a BIOS/Software method of selecting SLI, instead of the hardware paddleboard, though selecting SLI is not something you would do that often.

SLI, dual graphics cards working in tandem...

Most motherboards have a sideways mounted key card that must be repositioned to change between SLI and non-SLI mode - or worse, a huge set of individual links or dipswitches, though that evil method is not seen very often.

The Premium does the same thing with a BIOS option, not sure if that means you can actually switch between dual card SLI and dual card, multi-monitor - a minot point though , as the key card/paddle board would only neeed to be adjusted once, if installing a dual card SLI setup.

I'm a dedicated midranger myself, so exotics like SLI don't really excite me, as I'd consider the price of one top end graphics card excessive, never mind two - as for adding a second card of the same type later, it would have to compete with whatever the price of a better card was, and my doubts as to just how effective SLI is - as I doubt that two cards will combine with 100% gain.

I See.

I Will Be Purchasing The ATI RADEON X1800 PCI-E XT OR PE Editon.
What Mother Board You Recommend I Would Prefer It Has DUAL CORE X2 Support Like You Mentioned On Previous Post. :)