Burning mpeg "god help me"

wolfie33

Hi
Not sure if im being stupid but here goes.
I have very recently bought a sony dvd+rw and am having problems.
With the old cd/rw i could put mpeg files on it and they would play ok in my dvd player but with my new dvd/rw every program i have aquired seem to take months to split the mpegs into video-ts and audio when all i want is simply to put 2 or 3 x mpegs onto the dvd and that is that.
I got nero 6 with the dvd and when ever i click the option "make cd/iso" it still comes up with 700mb max and there is no option to mix and match files unless you go on "mini dvd" and this is the option that seems to convert evrything into "audio and video_ts".
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED? :mad:

All i want is just a drag and drop with no twisted questions from the application i have given the job to.I dont want it converted or split or reconstructed i just want it to write what i tell it to!

Can anyone help?

no simple solution unless you player can play standard MPEG files without messing or making it into something else !?

have you tried making it as a data dvd and drag and dropping untill you are satisfied and see if it plays back !?

wolfie33

i have tried to find that option but there is no data dvd on anything
nero6 ultra had only a minidvd that conerts automaticaly,discjuggler sticks at 46% and goes no further and that tmg thing hasn't got the option.
On nero 6 its has cd.iso for a mixed file cd but it doesnt recognise my dvd disk even though it acknowledges there is a dvd burner and that it has 4.7gb space on it!

silly question in the selection of burners do you have the dvd burner selected and not the cdrw burner under the header RECORDER choose the recorder as the dvd burner :)

then in nero change the new compilation dropdown from cd to dvd Then proceed as normal with the data dvd :)

wolfie33

Thank you very much
i had never noticed till you said drop dawn from cd-dvd.
now i have 4500mb so i'll have a go.

Once again thank you very much