Burning 90min cd's

Does anyone know if it is possible to burn 90min cd's in a LG DVD/CDRW combo drive - GCC-4320b - have read diferent reviews saying it is possible but cant get the drive to recognise them as being anything more than 80min (the ones i have are DigiMedia 90min/800MB). Is it a firmware upgrade/downgrade/hack? I have all the firmwares 1.00 1.01 1.02 or am i just chasing my tail around and its not possible :confused:
Am running XP Pro or is it the burning programme needs to be able to recognise the larger media, if so what software would be needed? Thanks in advance for any help or info you may have to offer :)

There is NO software that will show these up to their real capacity, as the biggest one that exists in the book specs is 80 minutes! However, by enabling overburning at any decent application you should be able to utilize the full disk capacity.
Notice also that most of the times those 90 minute CD's aren't really 90 minutes... you can have a good measure of their actual capacity by some burning apps, I can name Exact Audio Copy, Feurio and Instant CD/DVD as such.

Last edited:
the only way to determine the maximum size is simulating a 99 min cd and wait until it stops, there are tools like nero cd speedor eac ... and many more which can do the job for you.
*warning* this may damage the cdr or even your cd writer *warning*
i found this line in the feurio cd database:
Burn 90/99-Minutes CD-Rs: Yes (Maximum value: 99:59)
( http://www.feurio.com/English/Writerdb/Data/d_lg_ccc-4320b.shtml )
so it should work ....
forti

then to be able to burn over 700mb,u've got 2 enable the overburning option in ur burning app(nero,recordnow max) :D
btw anyone used recordnow 4 overburning coz i use nero solely 4 overburning?

Thanks guys for the info and link have just downloaded Feurio and will give it a try, had tried overburning in nero but no good :( so here's hoping :)

@SpAzZ don't forget to overburn in NERO you have to change the amount it overburns (time e.g. 99 mins) in EXPERT FEATURES in preferences or it will not overburn any further than the default settings :(

NERO will not overburn by DEFAULT it has to be enabled and altered in expert features :)

To overburn in Nero, you also need to be in DAO mode, and to allow that, you must turn off Multisession (as normally, Nero assumes this for a data CD) - the option is NOT available through the Wizard settings, ONLY through compilation properties.

I got a 4480b combo....48/48/24/16(dvd)....And even is not written on a feurio page-It can ob..For your model is written too..Just download from the page a latest driver update..if you gonna use it??Or some other proggy..Nero or rnm will both do it!!

:D :D Thanks guys success at last, thanks for all the inputs and cures :) all i gotta do now is find 99min blanks here in Australia :eek: and hope they work as well.