BTC dvdrw 1004 help

hopin someone on ere can help, i'm havin problems with my btc dvdrw1004 writer, the drive will not detect any form of dvd media, be it original or a blank disk, or a disk i have already burned.. it will detect a few standard cd's but wont detect and blank writable cd's either.. the drive is less than 4 months old, and i am completely stuck.. anyone got any idea's?

@badboy ...allo mate glad you made it here with yer 1st post lol ya took long enuff :p
and finally got yer question down in text here bud ....

You will be glad to know or not glad as the case maybe that you are not alone i found some posts on cd freaks here > <a href=" http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=79249">btc probs</a>

also has a link for firmware update :)

they ALSO have a dedicated section for btc here ><a href="http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=84">BTC FORUM</a>

...make sure you dont defect there mate and come straight back when yer sorted and let us know how you get on :D

..... or i will come round and kick yer butt mate lol ;)

firmware

right i have updated the firmware already from the btc website, did absolutely nothin !! it all started to go wrong when i put a blank dvdrw in the drive, it tried to read it for a few seconds and spat it out.. but about 10 mins b4 i had burnt a dvdr disk fine ?! since then it wont read any type of dvd media, or most cdr, it wont burn nuffink... alright( viper ) .. cheers for the help guys, but i am stuck as to what i do next, i have e mailed the manufacturer about getting an exchange under manufacturers warrenty, however i too have read from various sources that the btc is basically a shit drive.. so i am holding little faith in ever hearing anything at all from them !

after reading a post on cd freaks

My problem is that I am not able to burn any DVDs. Only the first time it worked: I burned a Video-DVD on the +RW-Disc that was included in the package with the drive. But since that I always get an error message.
it becomes apparent that btc are doing something illegitimate with there drives.. anyone got any idea what i can do next, the drive cost me £117 in october last year, I dont wanna give up an all that cash i have spent !!

longroad ahead

well, got a reply off one of there goons, simply said...

Looks like your drive is defect. Pls. contact your dealer and get a replacement. Once you have the replacement, install the latest firmware IMMEDIATELY before attempting to burn any DVDs.
thing is, I thought he was the dealer I was contacting, the drive is made by BTC, and he worked for BTC ?!?!

as for the firmware, the latest was already on the drive, that i have now, but i still tried to even re flash that to no joy..

Grrr..

I have now e mailed every customer help address on there european website, the trouble is they have no uk office, the closest is in france!

the story continues....

It looks like the old runaround to me. Do you still have all the paper work that came with the drive? Maybe in one of those there's a number,address, or email to contact someone because it seems your going to have to ship it somewhere to get a replacement.

I think blane its an unboxed O.E.O. drive badboy is one of my best mates :)

asked him to come here see if we could get him an answer :)

hopefully he will get a response from one of the sites he mailed !? :)

if they are nice enough they should pay the P&P to have it collected and replaced if found to be faulty :)