Brandy new here.. Simple Question

fullboostorbust

I have heard some state they use COLORED or dyed DVD-R/+R disks when burning Backup Ps2 games. Will colored disks prevent error when booting or recording? I have searched around and not found a complete answer. Does anyone elts out there find any diffrences in quality or errors ocuring when using colored disks? What IS the prefered blank DVD brand out there?

Thanks ! :)

fullboostorbust

good and bad. but happy :)

ps2king said:
Verbatim, Ritek, TDK, Princo, are all good media's. What you've heard is a hoax.

I picked up some TDK DVD-R disks becuase that all i could get localy. Using a SONY DRU 510A DVD-R drive at 1X speed my results were:

1st Try using decryptor to record and decryptor to burn = Errors later in the burn process creating a drink coaster.

2nd try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow with no changes = same type of errors in burn process creating a drink coaster.

3rd try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow with no changes = My first succsessful PS2 backup! popped it in and played it with ease using the swap magic disk and slider.

next back up

1st try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow = Yet another succsessful burn. No problems anywhere! wow its that easy i thought! :)

Next back up

1st try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow with no changes = Errors later in the burn process creating a drink coaster.

2nd try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow with no changes = Errors later in the burn process creating a drink coaster.

3rd try using decryptor to record and burning with Veritas RecordNow with no changes = another succsessful burn. No problems anywhere!

Now does this sound abnormal or does everyone experiance such inconsistant results? what should i try if this sounds strange?

Last edited:

fullboostorbust

psx_paul said:
follow the tutorials from here or from my site http://psxpaul.cjb.net

I would personally use RecordNow Max v4.50 for both the read and write stages :)
Thanks Paul, you tha man, So using Recordnow Max 4.5 you have minimal errors or never any errors? So it is my software not my media that is my errorus burning issue?

... anyone elts want to share?

fullboostorbust said:
Thanks Paul, you tha man, So using Recordnow Max 4.5 you have minimal errors or never any errors? So it is my software not my media that is my errorus burning issue?
Thanks for the kind words :)
Yep, I use RecordNow Max 95% of the time with no problems.
I put your problem down to your method.

fullboostorbust

psx_paul said:
Thanks for the kind words :)
Yep, I use RecordNow Max 95% of the time with no problems.
I put your problem down to your method.

Paul,

I DLed RecordNow Max 4.5 and Following your method in the RN Max 4.5 tutorial I found a small problem. When backing up my Zone of the enders 2nd running i chose "Global image or .GI" as you instruct in your tutorial. But after doing so i ended up with 4 global image files. One was 2.3GB another was 688MB and the other 2 were a few hundred KBs. I scratched my head and tried my old method of reading with Decyrptor and with decryptor i received 1 nice fat .ISO image. I then used Record Now max v4.5 to record and it burned the disk properly with no errors, game play is perfect.

So my question is whats up with the global files? should i just choose "extract track: .ISO" when using recordnow max 4.5 or did i make a mistake in global mode?