Bloatware!

Yep, gotta agree, the best most stable version of acdsee in my case is the free 2.42 or something, it free on UK pc mag cd's, i got version 3.10 powerpack the same way, it buggier, does crash, whereas older version didnt, look at nero, tokk them a while with v5, then 6 & nothin but probs & bloat, i get off my soapbox now :p:)

BaNzI:D

IrfanView is a terrific freeware which does all Acdsee does+ more, takes up 8 MB on HD (with ALL plugins installed) and with practically nil bugs. Some people complain that it's slow when creating thumbnails, but this is done because it does NOT cache the thumbnails, thus filling your harddisk with hundreds of MB of junk data.

scarecrow said:
IrfanView is a terrific freeware which does all Acdsee does+ more, takes up 8 MB on HD (with ALL plugins installed) and with practically nil bugs. Some people complain that it's slow when creating thumbnails, but this is done because it does NOT cache the thumbnails, thus filling your harddisk with hundreds of MB of junk data.
@bode Yes,thanks,we know the site quite well,m8! :)
Yes,scarecrow,m8.IrfanView is quite brilliant-I`ve used it for many moons ... :)

Last edited: