Blindsuite 4.4b stay clear WARNING

I downloaded this release, thinks its a beta, well cut a long story short, after I installed it and rebooted, I lost all 4 of me cdroms and windows kept giving me an error code of 39, cannot install these devices. :( (2 Ide devices and 2 scsi devices). Did a system restore and blindsuite gone and me cdroms back. :bigsmile:

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Greetz The Diplomat:D

N.B.

Staff member
Didn´t install it yet !
But hell you are right .. all the stuff from VSO causes troubles from time to time ..
Maybe that is the real reason why CLoneCD and others blow ehm almost away ...

Dissapearing drives is a very common registry problem.
Instead of checking+cleaning the upperfilter entries in current control set by hand one can use a more automated tool, like for example the Ahead RegistryChecker (available for free from all Nero FTP servers). It works, in most cases, although it does not remove duplicate entries from the SAME CDR program (which would not be a problem normallly, the worst that can happen in that case is having two instances of the local drives under the program GUI).

Laz

Yep, there is also a "No CD" fix on a number of Windows fix sites too. I've tried one or two without success on XP and have still had to edit the registry by removing upper/lower filters.

Maybe as you said scarecrow the Ahead util would be worth a try for this.