big disaster in asia

Master

Gold Member
I think that we all saw the horrible disaster in asia.
All our hopes and wishes are with the people in this area.

If you like to help then you will find a way to make some donation in every nation.
I think it doesn´t matter how much it is because everything will help.

btw. i am very disapointed about the dvdrbase team...three days later still no comment above this disaster...even if you are not political then you are still human; aren`t you ?

okay and now sent this topic to the hidden recycle bin :mad:

Master said:
btw. i am very disapointed about the dvdrbase team...three days later still no comment above this disaster...even if you are not political then you are still human; aren`t you ?

okay and now sent this topic to the hidden recycle bin :mad:

Sorry to dissapoint you,Master....... making no comment on this,doesn't mean that people don't care or that we're not human.It's a real tragedy that happened,and any of our members was free to post about it.
It's all over the .net and on every news channel,and this afternoon,my wife was on the bank and sended some mony.....

A question though,why the comments about our forum,if the news isn't still posted at YOUR forum too????

with roady on this one altho i have to say ive donated already :)

we have to tread carefully with stuff like this you know the score of how things go on here master ;)

Master

Gold Member
roadworker said:
A question though,why the comments about our forum,if the news isn't still posted at YOUR forum too????
I have a forum ?....maybe i have forgotten something...i will look if it it is still up but i didn´t supported it for ages

back to topic...my wife and me did our donation too and i am glad to see that the most european countrys are trying to help.

Last edited:
When there is nothing constructive to be said, it may be better to say nothing, but just to watch in shock as the death toll is revised ever upwards.
To be honest, one death of someone from my own country elicits greater reaction than 1000's from elsewhere, a rather guilty feeling, and there can be few countries not touched by this disaster.

anaconda

prayers go out to all who have been effected by this. God bless. Just donated my 100.00 last night. Hope that helps someone or some peeps.

we were bit lucky in the indian ocean not to have suffered the same fate,some islands got only some infrastructure damage but fortunately no one died
may god help those affected by this disaster...

On sympatico-kanada news on a net they just said-it has been confirmed 125.000 dead-so far-what a tragedy :confused:

200,000 or more will be the final toll.
Please donate whatever you can... my favorite president, mr. Bush, has already donated the value of an F-16 jet (35 million bucks)- what a generous guy!

Last edited:
I am upset that this has gone political and insulting at this forum. It started right out insulting. There are many people in this world who are doing everything that they can. Money is not the only thing. Many disaster teams from several countries are doing everything they can as well. Some of us do not believe that you donate time, talent or finances and then tell everyone for the recognition. Does that make us not human? Because we don't have the words to rehash the unbearable event does that mean we don't feel? How dare you, Master.

Pointing out that mr. almighty is insulting the mentality and perceptiveness of any reasonably sane (and not blind) person isn't "going political" at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4136545.stm

The UK Government has raised it's pledge to £50m .... and our size and GNP compared to the good ol' US of A is? - well, probably equivalent to one of the larger states.

Mind you, I can talk, I personally haven't dug my hand in my own pocket yet!

Time to pour oil on troubled waters though, I guess this is precisely why we didn't make an effort to raise this topic before. Maybe the assistance from other countries will come in the form of people on the ground for the cleanup and rebuilding.

LTR...we stingy Americans are doing more than giving money.

BANDA ACEH, Indonesia (AP) — The first American military cargo planes brought supplies to this devastated town Friday, and a U.S. carrier battle group was heading for Indonesia's Sumatra island to spearhead an unprecedented multinational military effort to assist quake and tsunami survivors.
A second U.S. Marine strike group was steaming westward from the Pacific territory of Guam for the seas off Sri Lanka to buttress the burgeoning global drive to bring food, water and medical supplies to millions of increasingly desperate people.

Other nations rushed to join the effort, as naval ships from Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and India either were preparing to sail on Friday or Saturday, or were already under way for Aceh, Sumatra's northernmost province and the area closest to the quake.

The flow of aid got a big boost as the first of many expected C-130 cargo planes arrived at the regional airport in Banda Aceh, the provincial capital of Aceh. The government said supplies have arrived on Sumatra from 18 countries on 42 sorties by Friday. Military C-130s from Australia and New Zealand have also joined in the airlift effort.

"Seeing the destruction makes me sad," Capt. Jennifer Clavenna, of Alexandria, Va., said as a U.S. plane was unloaded in Banda Aceh. "I'm hoping we can bring enough supplies."

Meanwhile, led by the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, the five-ship battle group was powering Friday through the Strait of Malacca, the 550-mile waterway that lies between Sumatra and the Malaysian peninsula. Aceh is at its northern end.

The seven-vessel Guam group, headed by the USS Bonhomie Richard, will arrive off Sri Lanka in a week, U.S. officials said.

In addition to the two U.S. vessel groups, a further eight U.S. supply ships were also sailing from Guam and Diego Garcia toward quake-hit regions, officials said, without saying which countries they were headed to. Between them, the supply ships carry 450,000 gallons of water, and are capable of making a further 90,000 gallons daily.

In the skies above, dozens of planes and helicopters converged on Medan, the largest town in North Sumatra, as well as Banda Aceh, where tens of thousands of people are known to have perished.

The United States will deliver "as much help as soon as we can, as long as we're needed," said Navy Capt. Roger Welch, chief of U.S. Pacific Command's Joint Interagency Coordination Group in Hawaii.

In Singapore, personnel scrambled to prepare for the departure of RSN Endurance, which will carry heavy-lifting equipment, food and medical supplies. In Australia, HMAS Kanimbla will leave Sydney Harbor late Friday transporting two helicopters, about 300 defense personnel and construction equipment. Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak said the naval ship KD Mahawangsa was scheduled to leave for Aceh on Saturday.

India — which has already deployed 32 ships along the coasts of southern India, the Andaman and Nicobar islands, Sri Lanka, the Maldives — was sending two additional ships to Indonesia, navy spokesman Cmdr B.K. Garg said.

But getting the aid to those who need it has proved to be a logistical nightmare. And while tons of aid sit unopened at the airport, droves of refugees have established a tent village along the main road leading into this provincial capital on the island of Sumatra.

"It's on the path of the aid trucks," said one refugee, Umi Sana.

dx

Shame on those of you who have turned this into a political thread. :mad: There are people who are suffering a great deal in that region of the world. Arguing about stupid things is not going to make things any better. Those who are truely suffering through this disaster deserve better than our petty bickering. A little less open mouth insert foot and a little more action is what is really needed here.

Whatever way you can support the relief effort is fine. Give back to the world that has been so good to you. Let's all be more productive and do something (other than being stupid) shall we?!

In the words of the musician Sting... "We share the same biology, regardless of our geology."