BestCrypt

I know someone was looking for this.

The BestCrypt software supports encrypted logical disks for WinALL computers, and works with all kinds of media, including network-accessible disks.
How does BestCrypt work? BestCrypt creates a pre-encrypted file called a container. This container is created by an encryption algorithm (Twofish, Blowfish, Rijndael, or GOST28147-89). In addition, BestCrypt creates a logical disk. The container is linked to a logical disk, and the disk is opened for access using the unique container password. All data stored in the logical disk are stored in the container in an encrypted form and transparently accessible for an authorized person.

PS
It also contains BCWipe which is good for removing traces of files off your HDD (instead of just deleting *which still leaves traces).
For more info:
h**p://www.jetico.com/

Attachments

yes I agree poko, though I like using Stealth Encryptor or mooseoft. Camouflage is also very nice and same with cryptext.
This is deffinately not for the newbie to use lol, but someone I know wanted this app, so I upped it for them.
As always, let the buyer beware. lol

Hi Pokopiko!!

I have to disagree with you on this one - Bestcrypt is the simplest SECURE program I have come across for encrypting data so NO ONE can EVER access it if they don't input the correct key.

The encrypted containers can be backed up no problems, burned to CD etc, it doesn't matter if the OS shits itself as long as the actual .jbc file is intact it will of course be decryptable so long as you remember the key.

If the files stored within are important then back up, as you should with any important data.

If you want encryption that can be cracked to recover data then why bother in the first place? Encryption is for things I don't want ANYONE to access except me, EVER. Bestcrypt provides that solution, including keystroke logging spoofer using SHA-1 so no software keylogger can record my key. It's still open to hardware cracking like using a chipped keyboard but as with a lot of things, if physical access can be gained to the machine then you are in grave danger already.

Cheers!

Q

Cheers all

Just to add my 2 cents worth (plus 10% GST).

I have found that PGPDisk is a great encryption tool as it acts as a seperate drive when unencrypted but resides as a file on your hard drive and the best thing about it is if your system rolls, you can reinstall the software and access your data (as long as you have made a copy of your public and private key pair and remember your passphrase).

It also supports quick unmounting and easy to use interface and the entire package has a great interface with Outlook. It also supports secure wiping of data and allows you to PGP sign your files as well. All in all a great package all round.

Cheers

P2000 :)