Best DVD-Writer at this momment ?

Yeets all,

Just want to know what's the best DVD-Writer at this momment, are a list of DVD-writers that is capable of making/writing working dvd- backups that play in a standalone dvd reader

ThX

DjoeN

E

elpresidente

hey
Never tested a recorder which supported +R/RW ...+R still new ..

So I recommend Pioneer A03 cause of high compatibility with standalone players and cheap media ... the only con is that -RW can only be written @ 1x ...

greetz

Why not buy the new a04/104 (which by the way is the oem version of the a04) - it supports unbranded silvers at 2x. iknow because i,v got one and havent lost a disc yet !! - £1.50 silvers no less..lol... it also reads more formats,supports a few more types of blank dvr and can be mounted verticaly where the a03 can not !!

regards

AgentKrusty
:D :D

E

elpresidente

yep ... u r right ... I forgot about a04 ... sorry ... :)

it supports unbranded silvers at 2x.
sounds interesting but .... I don´t think that A04 supports 2x on not pioneer certified media...

can be mounted verticaly where the a03 can not !!
yep ..another feature ... but who needs it ? ;)

P.S. There r cheaper discs than yours :) .... Princo / 1.99$

greetz

E

elpresidente

A03...A04--> supports bufferunderrun protection for cds ? never needed it and besides not @ 8x speed ?!!!!
not much changes if u look at the tech specs...

I have also apple ... but for standalone players u don´t need this expansive DVDrs ... I think 7€/dvdr ...
I use them only for PC stuff cause Apple media works better in my pioneer 116 ...

greetz

ao4/104

As I have now wrote 5 cheepo unbranded dvr at 2x on my 104 and everyone worked on both my standalone dvd player and my pc,s Then i Would say that it does !! and if you check other forums u will see other people saying the same thing.and the spec sheet for the a03 from pioneer usa do it can not be mounted verticaly and the 104 can !!

regards.

AgentKrusty:D :D

E

elpresidente

yep ... but as I said ... mounting A04 vertical isn´t that important ...

I don´t know which DVDrs u use ... but they have to be certified for 2x ... maybe they are and still cheap ..

besides ... the question was which writer ... the answer ... the newest pioneer ...

greetz

I am looking at a dvr just now and can only see a sn number But will ask the shop if he knows what they are ..lol.. but as long as they work..lol i dont care.cheep and cheerful

regards

AgentKrusty

Thanks AgentKrusty for the number...
looking into it now...
will get back to ya when i find what brand they r.... ;)

Hi Guys - I bought 10 Princo branded whitetop dvd-r and - £2.50 Eeach and thet write at 2x with brill results and play brill on my dvd players and my mates as well !!

hope this helps ..

regards

AgentKrusty:D :D

E

elpresidente

hmm ... also bought some Princos today :)
100.... 1.69$ each !!!! but I will get them 3-4 days ...

greetz

E

elpresidente

hmm little mistake with the price ...not 1.69 .... 1.68 *lol*
= 1,91€

greetz