best dvd disc??

wutang4life36

alot of u guys say alot of great things about RITEK DVD's..never heard of that company b4...
which is cool.
but they dont sell in stores...n i cant buy online.

so r u guys saying that SONY DVD's suck? memorex?
i would think that SONY would be #1

so...since i cant get RITEK... what's 2nd best n 3rd best????

thanx!!

RITEK DYE based DVDS if you cannot get a hold of REAL RITEKS :)

DATAWRITE V2 yellow are RITEK dye and ive used lots of them for backup and data use and they are good for me :)

Also depend to some extent on your drive.

Perhaps if you list some examples of what you can find, we might be able to sniff out some details...

Some brands are always bottom of the barrel - with dye codes that are not highly regarded, or if you see them with a good code (eg. Mirror with a TY code), then it's FAKE.

Taiyo Yuden are highly regarded, and usually highly priced, though thay can turn up unfer the Fujifilm label (or is that just the CD's)
Made in Japan, is a very strong indication that the media could be TY (are there any other companies making media in "expensive" Japan).

PS. Ritek's own "house brand" is Ridata - you won't see media actually branded as Ritek.

Avoid: BulkPaq - like the name says, they buy bulk, and pack it - usually codes which are not highly regarded, and even different codes on packs of media bearing the same name of theirs (I got some IS01 001, which on my drive, tweaks quite well, but the same name could be at least two other codes that I don't know anything about)

wutang4life36

wow...great answer LTR.....um...but damn, i didnt understand a word!
lol
um...let me put it this way...
the only brands i see in my stores are:
SONY
MEMOREX
FUJI
TDK
K- HYPER
PHILLIPS
VERBATIN (or something like that)

so...could u tell me which of these brands i should buy?
n is their something i should look for on the label to know that its good or fake, as u say?

thanx guys!!

anaconda

Okay so stay away from SONY,MEMOREX. I would get the verbatim's or Fujifilm. If you cannot get your hands on ritek (ridata) dvd's.

The dye's on the ritek are a very dark purple and will cause your laser in your device to work less to read it.

i have bought actual ritek's and yes it says ritek on the dvd so they are around. Very hard to find!

wutang4life36

as anaconda says, Verbatim and Fujifilm are the best choices at your list;

Greetings from
Duracell

FujiFilms are Taiyo Yuden media, which is top quality (much better than Ritek) and well accepted by most burners. They are a bit expensive, but you can't have them all...

wutang4life36

ok...cool now its narrowed down to 2 brands...

never thought the sony brand would suck...lol

so....VERBATIAN or FUJI ??

well...i guess ill go for the fuji brand : )
sounds like that as close as i can get to RITEK..LOL

so how about it ? should i go with FUJI???

i just need to sure

thanx guys ...youve been great help!!
i love this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daredevil1975

I copied over 4,000 dvds from last feb till now.When a dvdr is in a cakebox I can assure u that its 99.9% good.The prob starts when its played on a dvd player.The best brand that I found compatable with all dvd player was the Ritek.In shops Ritek are found as Traxdata.But the most imporatant thing is that u choose a grade A dvd.Usually they got a dark purple writing surface.

wutang4life36

ok guys....

i got one more question............

i have a 4x liteon dvd burner....
if i buy some 8x blank dvd's , will that cause any problems????

or should i just buy the 4x dvd's just to be on the safe side???

thanx

ps...the only diff is.....the 4x dvd's are +R
and the 8x are -R.
i wanted the -R since they more compatablie with dvd players.

LTR12101B said:
PS. Ritek's own "house brand" is Ridata - you won't see media actually branded as Ritek.
Just for the record, maybe not in the UK but most definitely they are here in Oz, they are the only ones I use. Originally had RITEKG04 manufacting code, now with RITEKG05.

Ridata label is owned by Advanced Media Corp USA, a company 100% owned by Ritek set up for USA distribution of Ritek media.

The Ridata disks are also available here in Oz, cheaper than the Ritek and are most definitely of lower quality then the genuine Ritek media as sold here.

Attachments