Best Anti-Virus

I'm currently using NOD32, which I personally think is the best AV around.

I just like to know what AV you people are currently using?

Regards,

Incognitu

incognitu said:
I'm currently using NOD32, which I personally think is the best AV around.

I just like to know what AV you people are currently using?

Regards,

Incognitu
yeah
i'm using avast pro & f-prot

Avast 4 Pro:)

Quick & light on resources.Got a good support forum 2:)

Backup Trojan Remover:)

Norton's is usually ok at pickin out viruses in kazaalite:)

BaNzI:D

Have tried a few :D
my favorite now is avast4pro mostly because of excellent support, configurability, footprint and safety. My favorite used to be f-secure but latest gave me frequent disk access errors on my raid controller. So for a while i went back too the 5.30 release but as nod32 its missing easy access to deactivation and its slower than avast. Other than that it has stopped everything ive ever thrown at it.
Used Nod32 for a while. I think it is missing system tray availability to deactivate resident shield but in all other aspects i find it to be quite good but perhaps not as much as it is hyped up too be ;)
Symantec corporate 8 crashed when i purposely activated a trojan :(
Norton av 2002 worked quite well for me but slowed my system down too much to stay.
Avg has its strong points but i find it a little unfulfilling.
Same with kaspersky.
One of my first was inoculate it witch i thought were ok until i went for avg and found a couple of viruses that had slipped through:D
Also briefly tried out Vet but i felt somewhat more secure with f-secure

:)

Edit: Oh yes also tried out fprot but found its configurability to be way below par.

Last edited:
norton drinks 2 much system resources and takes 2 much space.
the kaspersky av,f-secure also seem to take a lot of resources.However,i do find f-prot to be less resource hogger than avast coz on my dinosaur of celeron 266mhz,avast slowed my xp so much zat i had to uninstall it and replace it with f-prot
however,f-prot doesn't scan mails :( as avast or nod32

Have used several before including F-Prot, Nod32 & Kaperski. Did not like old versions of norton antivirus, but have used norton 2003 pro for a while now and rate it highly. Does hog a few resources, but i have the system to deal with it.

AVG - I tried a coverCD version of COMMAND, but it had some hangup problems. That was a while back... ONE offer is open NOW
http://www.command.co.uk/html/offers/

If you choose to lie about your residence etc. in order to make use of this offer, that's between you and your conscience. I think the offer includes the download, so if you don't actually have the Magazine, good luck!

Last edited: