Ball Point Pen on CDs

IIXxRaVeNxXII

Yes, received a shipment of CDs from someone the other day..
I noticed that these CDs were written on with one of these cheap plastic ball point pens, not like a sharpie or anything.

I also noticed that these games take at least five re-tries on my direct boot, Magic 3.1...Are there any negative side effects to writting on discs with a ball point pens...

Also, If the disc was just burned bad....if I reburned it, using the bad burn disc as the master, would this fix anything, or could it just get worse....like directly copying VHS to DVD.....

Thanks in Advance
RaVeN

Nizmo

Well writing on a cd with a ballpoint pen is pretty hard for me to do. maybe its the cds i use. when i tried to write with a pen it wouldnt appear. i would have to scratch the words into the cd to make it appear. I think the reason why your games dont work first try is because maybe its been compressed from a dvd to a cd or maybe its just that the pen has scratched the cd making the ps2 laser go through it. if you burnt the cd again i dont think any thing would happen to the original but the one that you are about to copy mite not burn rite.

my reply to this would be DON'T get copied games/software genuine games and genuine software will have printed or inked on labels ! not hand written !

ps2king

writing on a CD with a ball point pen is strictly a no no! It scratches the reflective surface of the CD making it very difficult to read.