Bad mpg...

I have downloaded a movie..StarWars II Attack of the Clones, as a BIN/Cue svcd disk. However the third CD isn´t good. At the end the movie hang over and over again. I used IsoBuster to extract and convert the mpg file and then checked it in PowerDVD. I found out that there is sections with distortion at the end of the movie. Now my question...is there a way to repair a bad file like this? The distortion it self doesn´t mater if the movie keep on running. However when I burned it as a SVCD it hang over and over again in my Home movie DVD...Philips DVD 622.

TIA

LaZorMan

I've got the same film and its full of errors.
when I converted it to vcd it threw the lipsync out.
Id try using m2edit to transcode the mpg into the correct packetsize.
Its worth ago at least.

In my case the quality over all is splendid except for this errors in the end. The sound is nice and no sync problems. The few moment of distortion is irritating but the problem is that the movie hang when burned as SVCD. This doesn´t happened when I run the mpg in PowerDVD. The SVCD is created with Nero. I don´t use Nero my self and therefore I don´t know the quality of the Nero SVCD feature. I always use VCDImagerGUI and this app has always worked for me. Could the problem be caused by a bad cracked SVCD feature in Nero?

LaZorMan

daveml said:
Did u let nero re-encode it?
Or did u just let it check it, then burn it?
I don´t know what is done with the file. All I know is that the guy I got the movie from had problems with the original release. This is the content of his .nfo file:
All three of these CDs are repacks.
None of em would autoplay for me so
MPEGs were ripped from em and new
SVCDs made with Nero. Play fine now.

What I know is that there is something wrong with the third CD. For example I can´t create a new Bin/Cue image from it with CDRWIN and I can´t use IsoBuster to extract and convert the .mpg file from the CD.

Therefore I downloaded the CD again and used IsoBuster on the Bin file before burning and this converted .mpg has picture distortion at the end...no audio problems.

So what I´m looking for is a way to correct the bad sections in the .mpg if possible.

LaZorMan

Sorry, no real way to correct the bad errors but you can maybe stop the hanging of your DVD player by taking the MPEG file, run TMPGenc to "Simple De-multiplex" the file to its Video & Audio files and the Multiplex them back together with Wombles MPEG2VCR (search for both on the forum for a download) This has worked for me many times.

I have the movie also but without any of the problems you guys are talking about.